Load DataLee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackbox
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ohaus 10-10 scale part

Boolit Grand Master
    The 1.397 is the total length of the label.
    I should have been more clear.
    Sorry
    When I have some time, I'm going to cut/form a a piece to replicate the label.
    I'll then try to mark the lines on it.
    My thinking is the lines are just a rough reference. When turning the drum from 0 to .9, it would be the true measure.
    Make sense???

Boolit Buddy
    Just an observation here - the label is a little shorter that the framed housing to allow a little wiggle room to line up the zero on the label and the zero on the barrel.

Boolit Master
    You are correct. The drum rotation governs the location of the drum weight. The scale is just a convenient reference for your eyeballs.

If you look at the end of the brass screw you will find a screw slot that permits zeroing of the drum.

Quote Originally Posted by abunaitoo View Post
    Sorry
    My thinking is the lines are just a rough reference. When turning the drum from 0 to .9, it would be the true measure.
    Make sense???
    EDG

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by abunaitoo View Post
    Sorry
    Make sense???
    Been a long time since I saw a 1010, does one rotation of the drum equal one grain? With 24 threads per inch, one rotation would only move .0417 inches, ten rotations would be .417 inches, twenty would be .833 inches. What is the distance from 0 to 10 to the nearest .001"?

Boolit Grand Master
    One rotation of the drum is 1 grain. Correct.
    O to 10 looks to be about .414.

Boolit Master

Redrew it at .0147 per graduation. 1010.pdf

Boolit Buddy
    It's also worth considering, while we are talking about these fine old scales, what parts are interchangeable with other scales. For example, the beam of the 10/10 is exactly the same as the beam on the 5-10.

All the regular RCBS scales, the 502, 505, 5-10, 10/10 (and their Ohaus badged equivalents) use exactly the same agate bearings and bearing side plates. All the pan stirrups, pan hangers and pans are the same (you will need to adjust the tare weights as the parts are never the same weight)

The adjusting foot of the 502, 505, 5-10 are the same. The damper magnets of the 5-10 and the 10/10 are the same. The body of the 502 and 505 are the same.

The whole range use the same knife edge, it's a press fit in the beam and can be changed without too much trouble. So, the next time you see an incomplete scale going for a song in a yard sale it might be worth stashing it away, bearing in mind that RCBS no longer support these scales.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 1066 View Post
    It's also worth considering, while we are talking about these fine old scales, what parts are interchangeable with other scales. For example, the beam of the 10/10 is exactly the same as the beam on the 5-10.

All the regular RCBS scales, the 502, 505, 5-10, 10/10 (and their Ohaus badged equivalents) use exactly the same agate bearings and bearing side plates. All the pan stirrups, pan hangers and pans are the same (you will need to adjust the tare weights as the parts are never the same weight)

The adjusting foot of the 502, 505, 5-10 are the same. The damper magnets of the 5-10 and the 10/10 are the same. The body of the 502 and 505 are the same.

The whole range use the same knife edge, it's a press fit in the beam and can be changed without too much trouble. So, the next time you see an incomplete scale going for a song in a yard sale it might be worth stashing it away, bearing in mind that RCBS no longer support these scales.
    Have you ever sharpened the knife edge on the beam?

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by kokomokid View Post
    Have you ever sharpened the knife edge on the beam?
    Yes, many times.

Here's a Redding that needed some work:
    https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=np2XyJlN3Js

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12