MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRepackboxRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Load Data Wideners
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Any HAM's here?

NRA LIFE Member

USPSA/IPSC

Boolit Master

W6FCV, got my first ticket as a tech in '99 as KF6YTJ. My brother had expressed an interest in HAM and I got in as another way to hang out with my brother. I upgraded between '99 and '02, just kept at it.

My darling wife has spoiled me with several nice radios over the years. First was a dandy 2M mobile that my brother and I got for Christmas that first year. First HT was a pager sized Alinco, and then a DJ195. My first HF rig was/is a Kenwood 930 that belonged to my Elmer. The Yaesu 897 gets used for field days, Yaesu 817 is mounted in the car. I drive back and forth to Colorado from CA, ad on trips my oldest gran daughter would remind me to change my Ham Stick antennas. I had many contacts and net check-ins while going east or west on I 80.

I had gotten out of the habit of carrying an HT until about 6 months ago, kind of handy for monitoring PD/SO/FD as well as the local repeaters. I have 2 friends who are now studying, 4 more converts some years ago. I use my radio more than my phone and heck, my brother ditched his cell phone for 10 years using only an auto patch. 73's
    Common sense Gun Safety . . .

Is taught at the Range!

NRA LIFE Member

USPSA/IPSC

KD9LOK southern Indiana in the hills of brown county. Around ham radio since 3rd grade with some great elmers, dropped it from about 16 to 55 passed Extra a couple years ago.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345