WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRepackbox
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication Titan Reloading

Thread: For thought and meditation

Boolit Master

For thought and meditation

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? ROMANS 8:35
    God does not keep His child immune from trouble; He promises, “I will be with him in trouble…” (Psalm 91:15). It doesn’t matter how real or intense the adversities may be; nothing can ever separate him from his relationship to God. “In all these things we are more than conquerors…” (Romans 8:37). Paul was not referring here to imaginary things, but to things that are dangerously real. And he said we are “super-victors” in the midst of them, not because of our own ingenuity, nor because of our courage, but because none of them affects our essential relationship with God in Jesus Christ. I feel sorry for the Christian who doesn’t have something in the circumstances of his life that he wishes were not there.
    “Shall tribulation…?” Tribulation is never a grand, highly welcomed event; but whatever it may be— whether exhausting, irritating, or simply causing some weakness— it is not able to “separate us from the love of Christ.” Never allow tribulations or the “cares of this world” to separate you from remembering that God loves you (Matthew 13:22).
    “Shall…distress…?” Can God’s love continue to hold fast, even when everyone and everything around us seems to be saying that His love is a lie, and that there is no such thing as justice?
    “Shall…famine…?” Can we not only believe in the love of God but also be “more than conquerors,” even while we are being starved?
    Either Jesus Christ is a deceiver, having deceived even Paul, or else some extraordinary thing happens to someone who holds on to the love of God when the odds are totally against him. Logic is silenced in the face of each of these things which come against him. Only one thing can account for it— the love of God in Christ Jesus. “Out of the wreck I rise” every time.
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Moderator Emeritus

^^^^^^^^
    amen
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Grand Master

Exactly - and the Bible says my salvation was planned and in place (established) before the foundations of the Earth! God is Immutable - He does not change. Anyone who claims I can lose my salvation will be denying one of those two statements.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Amen and keep em coming brother. Your on a roll!

Boolit Master

My salvation is secure in Christ, Amen.

Moderator Emeritus

This lesson reminds me of that old story about the fellow walking by the seaside with Christ. When he looked over his shoulder, he noted only one set of footprints in the sand in some places. This bothered him, and he looked to Christ, and said, "Lord, in places behind us, there's only one set of footprints. Why did you leave me alone in those spots?" Christ just smiled a knowing and understanding smile, and said, "My son, those are the places where I carried you." We seem to be given to interpret many situations in life very inappropriately, and on the basis of how we FEEL rather than using our knowledge of His promises and assurances to us. This is yet another lesson we have to learn through experience, I think??