RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLoad Data
WidenersSnyders JerkyRepackboxReloading Everything
Lee Precision Titan Reloading

Thread: Kroger Selling Gun Mags Again

Boolit Master

Kroger Selling Gun Mags Again

There was a thread (couldn't find it) about Kroger pulling all gun publications off the shelf after the Fla shooting. Well the local Kroger here in East TN did just that. All gun mags were gone. I went in just a scant few moments ago and the rack was full of gun magazines once again. In fact I bought the new Handloader.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Boolit Master
    I use to buy gun mags at Walmart or the
    Local grocery store. But now there 5 to 12 $ each. And a lot of them are all AR stuff. I had the hot rod magazine delivered to my house for over twenty years since the middle 80s. They all started to put in them all chevy stuff and 20,000$ or more crate engine stuff. Well I stoped reading car mags and also gun mags no more good articles on how to do stuff or military surplus guns

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jniedbalski View Post
    I use to buy gun mags at Walmart or the
    Local grocery store. But now there 5 to 12 $ each. And a lot of them are all AR stuff. I had the hot rod magazine delivered to my house for over twenty years since the middle 80s. They all started to put in them all chevy stuff and 20,000$ or more crate engine stuff. Well I stoped reading car mags and also gun mags no more good articles on how to do stuff or military surplus guns
    I agree. Years back I would buy EVERY gun magazine on the rack. It soon turned into all Glock stuff, AR15 stuff then 1911. I stopped buying after all that. That and more than half of the magazines were ads with fire and explosions in them that didn't appeal to me.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Boolit Master
    Our Kroger stores around here (WV) never stopped carrying the gun magazines. Must have been a regional kneel down to political correctness.

Or perhaps a response to our letters and emails. I wrote them, especially as they are opening a new store here in my county in a few weeks. I was polite but emphatic.

Boolit Master
    The gun mags I grew up with like Guns and Ammo, Shooting Times and such are mere shadows of what they once were. Pablum mostly by writers I have never heard of. Rifle, Handloader and Black Powder Cartridge are the only ones that I usually buy. But I digress. Was in Kroger's in Terre Haute today but didn't make it to the magazines.

Boolit Master

!
    Last edited by Three-Fifty-Seven; 04-28-2020 at 07:31 AM.
    John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

In Remembrance

I grew tired of the way mags had slid down hill in both quality of articles by decent writers to the way the articles were going towards `black rifles` and how to become an urban rambo character. I have 3 mags I still get in the mail. Rifleman from the NRA only because I`m a life member, and Rifle and Handloader. I may be dropping Rifle from the way its articles are also heading. As far as I`m concerned you can take all those other `kids` magazines and start a bonfire with them as they are insulting to anyone that has shot more than a .22 LR in their life.Robert

Boolit Master

Last edited by Three-Fifty-Seven; 04-28-2020 at 07:30 AM.
    John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Boolit Master
    I shop Frys (Kroger) for great deals on groceries. I've never bought a gun magazine there. I don't care what corporate policy is, they are much better than Safeway, price wise.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by marlin39a View Post
    I shop Frys (Kroger) for great deals on groceries. I've never bought a gun magazine there. I don't care what corporate policy is, they are much better than Safeway, price wise.

When I go shopping in a grocery my interest is in the groceries. I would no more boycott someone because of what they did not sell than I would boycott the auto parts store because they did not sell gun mags or ammo. I patronize businesses based on what they do sell and what service they do provide.

Boolit Master
    Our local Fred Meyer (kroger) not only pulled the magazines, soon after they pulled the guns and ammo. They used to have a small counter with common rifles, pistols, and shotguns. Now it's a very sparse area with a few cases, targets and cleaning supplies.
    NRA life member

LB

Boolit Master
    Our local Krogers pulled everything NRA out of their stores after the Las Vegas shooting. As far as I am concerned it will be a cold day in San Francisco before I buy anything from them ever again, even if they do bring back the NRA materials. Our youngest daughter shops with them regularly and often brings us treats she has bought there. At lease, she used to. I have put her on notice to never bring anything that she has bought from Kroger into my house ever again. So far she has complied with this demand, and time will tell if she continues to do this.

No Krogers out here in Idaho so no comment on that. I used to get five or six gun magazines delivered to the house until it became apparent (Maybe just to me. LOL) that I either knew more about the gun in the article than the writer or I just didn't care about the gun being featured. Rifle, then Handloader were the last to go. I can get much more information right here at Boolits than a stack of gun rags. Gp

Boolit Master

We got Ralph's (Kroger) here & Von's (Safeway) Ralph's & Von's stopped carrying gun mags years ago. I don't pay attention anyway because both SHOOTING TIMES & GUNS AND AMMO have degenerated into dying shadows of what they once were. PETERSON'S PUBLICATION'S once lead the way in all thing GUNS & VEHICLES. The old man died and everything was broken up. The gun mags went East to Illinois(heart of anti-gun country) and then most of the editorial staff left. Now G&A and ST are black gun populist rags, mirror images of each other. It's a real shame.
    I worked for Robert Peterson 30yrs ago. He was TOP NOTCH.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Thin Man View Post
    Our local Krogers pulled everything NRA out of their stores after the Las Vegas shooting. As far as I am concerned it will be a cold day in San Francisco before I buy anything from them ever again, even if they do bring back the NRA materials. Our youngest daughter shops with them regularly and often brings us treats she has bought there. At lease, she used to. I have put her on notice to never bring anything that she has bought from Kroger into my house ever again. So far she has complied with this demand, and time will tell if she continues to do this.
    It is cold everyday in San Francisco. Remember what Mark Twain said, " The mildest winter I ever spent was one summer in San Francisco".
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Bub
    I used to get shotgun news but it doesn’t have the advertisers that they used to have and most deals can be gotten online

Boolit Master
    The only two magazines I even bother reading anymore are Guns of the Old West and Military Surplus (which is sadly only an annual magazine).