Lee PrecisionInline FabricationWidenersRepackbox
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My brother had a huge stroke, prayers needed

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Lord pore your grace and healing on Scott and restore his health. Strengthen his family as they minister to him.
    In Jesus name we pray
    Amen

Still Praying.

Still hoping.

I know that almost 4 years ago my dad was in Hospital with stroke, followed by heart attack on the operating table as they went in to clean the plaque out of his right caratid artery. For two and a half days they kept him hanging in limbo under sedation. At last I convinced my brothers to convince the doctors to bring him out. He has to choose to live or die and he can't do that now.

He lived for another 3 years, made a virtually complete recovery.

Miracles happen, and the more people you have praying for it the more often they seem to happen.

Have faith.

Prayers sent.

Yesterday, May 19 I talked to Scott's nurse. Had a pretty good in depth discussion. Some days Scott can put together a short simple sentence or in some way make his desires known. On other days he's pretty vague and makes no sense. My Brother, Bill, has been going to see him nearly daily and confirmed what the nurse said. Scott loves Ham radio and was a police officer as his career. Since he tends to be an in charge type of person, this must be horribly hard for him. His other passion, recently given up (about 8 years ago) was riding motorcycles on long trips. In many ways he has been a mentor to my shooting and supported a few other hobbies I have. Still a wait and see situation. Thank you Jesus for being in control and the peace you have given me.
    VOTE, VOTE, VOTE often. In dealing with potential dishonesty or corruption, Something you might keep in mind is a revealing quote by S.W. Erdnase in his book The Expert at the Card Table "Almost every ruse in the game is more or less dependent upon another one."
    Politicians are like babies diapers, they should be changed often and for the same reason. Mark Twain

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Thank you for the report . I'll continue to pray for him and all family .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Prayers continue for Scott.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for the report on Scott....still saying prayers for him and his family!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Updates are very much appreciated.

A part of me says that he has won the fight, he will pull through. Long and hard the recovery will be.
    But he has the chance.

Still praying.

It is very very much encouraging when you read updates to feel that perhaps in some small way our prayers have helped. Makes it all worth while.

Peace be upon you, your brother and your family.
    Patience, time is the great healer.

Boolit Master
    Prayers sent.In Knoxville we have a great stroke center.The Patricia Neal Center.Wishing Scott the best for a complete recovery.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Thank you so much for your prayers. Prayers are very powerful, that is for sure. A Scott update: A care facility has agreed to care for Scott. It is not far from his home and has a good reputation. My other brother Bill and Scott's wife, Ronda, are looking for ways to resolve some legal issues since Scott can no longer care for himself nor pay his bills. We think the care facility will require some physical and occupational therapy. Good news, though. He does not seem as combative as he was a week ago and a friend received a text message from Scott, though it was not readable in the usual sense it did indicate Scott was appreciative.

I certainly can see why he would be angry and I would hope he is working to find ways to work around the issues, but, not having a relationship with Jesus means his eyes are not open to the hope Jesus provides. I, too, pray for his caretakers and that Gods will be done to bring him to see this as what it is, an evil spiritual attack, not a lapse of love from God. "Lean not on your own understanding" seems so true.
    VOTE, VOTE, VOTE often. In dealing with potential dishonesty or corruption, Something you might keep in mind is a revealing quote by S.W. Erdnase in his book The Expert at the Card Table "Almost every ruse in the game is more or less dependent upon another one."
    Politicians are like babies diapers, they should be changed often and for the same reason. Mark Twain

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    It's good news that the combativeness has lessened and being in a place that will understand the daily care needed . Prayer sent this morning .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Moderator Emeritus

It is good that Scott is not as angry and is making progress! I truly appreciate the updates and pray that the long term care facility can get him back to peace and comfort as well as good health. Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

Prayers sent my older brother went through same thing 4 years ago He is a lot better now
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Good news is good to hear. Thanks for the update.

Boolit Master

Thank you for the update, We continue to pray.

Thank you Luckydawg13 those are very encouraging words. I do believe prayer is the answer, so I thank you all for following this journey and for the continued prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by LUCKYDAWG13 View Post
    Prayers sent my older brother went through same thing 4 years ago He is a lot better now

Boolit Master

Amen to all the prayers for Scott's continued recovery.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Moderator Emeritus

Stroke can produce some very strange behaviors that are totally unlike what the patient normally is like. God be with Scot and the whole family. And FWIW, this is no time to give up or try to predict what tomorrow will bring. Only time can reveal that. Just go with God, and let Him make all the big decisions, and do the best you can for Scott. God bless you all.

in Remebrance
    Continueing to pray for Scott and family daily. Please keep us updated. GW
    "If you can walk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    Or walk with Kings, nor lose the common touch,
    Yours is the earth and everything that's in it,
    And, which is more, you'll be a man my son!" R. Kipling

"Brother to a Prince, and fellow to a pauper, if found worthy." Kipling

Boolit Master

Prayers sent for full recovery
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast