Load DataInline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2RepackboxWidenersLee Precision
Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My brother had a huge stroke, prayers needed

My brother had a huge stroke, prayers needed

On Saturday the 4th my 65 yr old brother was not feeling right. EMT's took him to the hospital. No sign of stroke, BP a little high, Glucose at 180, not high for a diabetic. No history of strokes. He was not able to put words together to form a sentence and could not seem to understand what had happened. We thought about water build up in the cranial cavity since he has a history of fluid build up and does have congenital heart failure and we thought of drug interaction though no new drugs had been prescribed. CT scan proved normal. On Wed (after 2 days of denial) he finally consented to a MRI. The results showed a massive area of the left side of his brain had lost blood supply and had died. He still cannot communicate, is clearly angry and frustrated beyond words. One observer said he thought my brother (Scott is his name), was suicidal. He does not slur his words, he just does not make sense. When it is possible to guess what he's trying to say we are not sure he's able to make sense of what we're saying. He cannot write ledgeably. Right now he needs Jesus and some fervent prayer. Your prayers are needed for him and his wife. Thank you.
    VOTE, VOTE, VOTE often. In dealing with potential dishonesty or corruption, Something you might keep in mind is a revealing quote by S.W. Erdnase in his book The Expert at the Card Table "Almost every ruse in the game is more or less dependent upon another one."
    Politicians are like babies diapers, they should be changed often and for the same reason. Mark Twain

Banned

Praying for your brother you, your family and all concerned.

Boolit Master

sad to hear. some people can bounce back from it, but its a long hard frustrating climb.

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.
    Scott is praying for Scott. I lost my left frontal lobe in a motorcycle accident on the way to propose to my wife. I have a walnut sized dead spot there. It changed my personality 180 & made me mean for a while.
    The VA said I had more damage than all the rest of the patients with frontal lobe damage. They couldn’t understand how I was the only one functional. One word answer: Jesus!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Praying...
    "Give me liberty, or give me death!" Patrick Henry ,March 23, 1775

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Lord help Scott through this hard time . Please heal him and be with his family . Guide Scott and improve him , help this family draw strength from one another . Help him Lord as you are the source of all healing . Amen
    No turning back , No turning back !

Father God, be with Scott and give him the healing that he needs. Be with the family and help them through this and give them the strength they need in this. We know that you can do all things and we give you the praise for all that you do. In the name of your Son and our Savior, Jesus Christ, I pray. Amen.

Boolit Master

Prayer sent up for Scott
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Master

Scott is added to our prayer list.

Boolit Master
    Prayer sent, my brother went thru this last July. He is getting better but it is a long hard road for all of you. Patience and love helps a lot. He will get frustrated a lot but stick with him.
    jim

in Remebrance
    Prayers of healing up for Scott, and for spiritual healing and understanding for the whole family. GW
    "If you can walk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    Or walk with Kings, nor lose the common touch,
    Yours is the earth and everything that's in it,
    And, which is more, you'll be a man my son!" R. Kipling

"Brother to a Prince, and fellow to a pauper, if found worthy." Kipling

Boolit Master

Prayers sent
    "In God we trust, in all others, check the manual!"

I do not do this often. Frankly it scares the **** out of me.

"The Holy Spirit says" (The Lord is with him)
    (Everyone is trying)
    (But the Holy Spirit is afraid he is not going to make it)

That is what I was given. I hope it brings you peace.

Pray for him, pray out loud at his side.
    Accept that living this way may not be something your loved one would choose to do.

If it were me I would be praying for release. If you truly believe, death is nothing to fear. Just a door that we will all walk through some day.

Your brother and your family will be in my prayers.

Boolit Mold
    Scott and you family are added to our prayer list.

I just told my wife about this.

She looked at me, and calmly said "I was just told they need to pray for peace".

He is angry, frustrated and fighting inside. Nothing makes sense, nothing works and he does not understand.

It is my opinion that the Lord is unable to do much until he calms down.

So pray that he finds peace, acceptance. That he can calm enough to hear the Lord.

Whiteboard at the foot of his bed, write messages, leave them up for a bit.
    Use it to establish a method of communication. He may not be able to understand that either but it is worth a shot. Try EVERYTHING. Don't give up.

Keep fighting for him, keep praying, keep trying to get through.

Praying for your family and your brother. God Loves you and him, and is trying.

I wish to add my voice to all the prayers given with an emphasis on Peace and calm. Amen.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

Dear Heavenly Father. You are our creator. You have created us in your image. What you created was very good. But we have an adversary. Our enemy, Satan, is very real. He has come to steal, kill, and destroy. In the name of Jesus who came to set us free, I ask that you begin the healing process on Scott's brain. Lord, I understand that you are more concerned for his eternal soul than his temporary body. So Lord I ask that you clear the fog from Scott's mind so that he can feel the touch and love that you have for him. I pray that he finds you as Lord and savior before he checks out of this life. Amen.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Praying for Scott If I may I would like to share a story of healing. A twelve year old boy was kicked in the head by horse, breaking the skull with massive brain damage. After the examining the boy, the doctors said if he lived , he would be only a vegatable brain wise. The Roadrunner Food Bank of Albuquerque NM clientele consisted of many Churches. They spread the word of the tragedy to everyone and we prayed. A few months later, (I don't recall exactly how long) my wife and I were in a resturant and the family came in and sat at the table next to us. The twelve year old boy picked up the menu and ordered his food from the waiter. Tears of Joy, .....

Boolit Master
    I had a stroke in feb this year. went almost blind vision is back to almost normal. I am very short tempered things don't go right they get thrown. right after I was ready to check out for good. one med they had me on side effect was thoughts of suicide. yep I had them was making plans. again wife talked me out of it. every day is a battle. finally got my sugar back under control.

I go for a eye test next week to get my license back.

Moderator Emeritus

Father please be with Scott as he battles the results of his stroke. Please guide the physicians and medical teams that are working with Scott. Please take his frustrations away and help Scott to regain his abilities to communicate with his family and friends. Please be with this man and his family as he heals. AMEN
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast