Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingRepackboxRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLoad Data
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Odd range pickup

Boolit Master

more brass by weight for the scrap recycle bucket. I'm not interested in trying to develop specific load data for that type of cartridge when standard 9x19 brass cases are all over the place.
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigslug View Post
    Irritating in the same way that small-primer .45 brass is irritating - non-standard garbage getting mixed into a century-old supply stream.
    Good summation of my view, Erik. Some of these hobby-related "innovations" just leave me shaking my head. 9mm brass is already dimensionally-poetic enough in its usual form, this sort of departure is just annoying.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master

I use these cases for a specific purpose. I trim them down to make 9x18 Makarov brass. With tapered 9mm brass, sometimes it seems I’d get more “bullet bulge” than I wanted. I was scrapping this stepped brass anyhow so I trimmed some and found a moderate 9x18 load that works great in them.

Another advantage is I can sort my 9x18 from 9x19 easier. I just set it all up on the table a pick out the stepped ones. The downside is that it seems tougher or something, harder to trim.

Boolit Man
    I think the main purpose is to prevent any setback of the bullet. So instead of a cannelure rolled into the case (pretty commonly found in US-made 9mm brass), they went an entirely different route.

I don't care for these cases. Their decreased capacity means they have to be segregated. I just set them aside. If I wind up with enough of them, I'll probably make a batch of dummy rounds with them - those bullets aren't going to set back at all!

Boolit Buddy
    I toss those in the scrap bucket. There are some other brands with a fine line in the case to prevent set back that don't matter as long as I am not loading 147 grain bullets for the suppressed SMG. I sort all my cases by headstamp and gauge all loaded rounds so not too much worry about for me.

-yarro

Boolit Bub

I reloaded some of these by accident when they first hit the market couple years ago, biggest problem I had with them was case separation after just one reloading.. They separated right at the "wall", now I seperate and toss them all in the scrap bucket.

Boolit Buddy
    I ordered a thousand 9mm brass several months ago and found a couple of those. I never bothered to try to reload them.
    I just picked up 18 pounds of brass from an indoor range that was 70% 9mm brass. With all that I really have no desire to mess with anything out of the ordinary.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12