Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationWidenersRepackbox
Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gun companies lack of promotional items

Boolit Master

Gun companies lack of promotional items

Well I have spent the last few working days brakes and lunch hour making phone calls to different gun manufacturers. Looking for banners or posters signs what not to put on the indoor range and hang at the outdoor range during events, year round. Just to make it look more gun range like. So far I have been offered stickers. Sales books. I even got told by one company OH that is a good idea.

I know I am not nuts. Its free advertising for them. I am still waiting on three of the big guys to call me back and honestly I do not think they are going to.

Am I out of line looking for banners/signs to hang at the gun range? Perhaps I am talking to the wrong people?

One company is willing to have a local shop make me a sign. I was not looking for special treatment I was under the impression promotional banners where a staple.

Your input is welcome as this will be a open chat.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Master
    You need to find the area sales representative for the company your interested in. They will be glad to promote those companies.

Boolit Master
    Im a fairly avid USPSA competitor and as such go to some of the larger matches. Theres always banners around and stage sponsors which pay to have there logo/banner present at a stage. Some companies donate quite a bit to the prize tables too. One think I have noticed about it, its mostly all smaller companies that participate. Not surprisingly, companies that have a stake in competitive shooting sports. You really don't see the big name brands.

If it appeals to you, might try some of theses kinds of places to decorate your facilities, they are probably more receptive to your needs.
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

Boolit Master
    I am still waiting on sale reps to call back. I offered to put the banners up for free. I will be contacting more every day. I have noticed that the smaller companies are willing to do more if anything.

My hats off to Mossberg. They jumped at the chance to hang some signs and told me to contact them before we host events to see if they can help. Thank you Mossberg and Sons.

Most companies are giving me the," why would we want to do this"? Free advertising. CZ USA said we can give you like 4-5 stickers the size of a business card. For real. Ill pass thanks.

I am working on taking a good old boys shooting range and bringing it into modern day shooting. Some of the firearms I own people never even heard of in the area I am in.

Feel free to toss out some names of companies that you think would not mind to donate a banner or sign.

Boolit Master
    Unless you get a geographically responsible sales or marketing person on the phone, the people you are talking to are "fender-offers" who view their role as dealing with the "annoying public". Glad to hear the folks at Mossberg get it though!

Boolit Master
    Call Henry repeating arms, I have one of their banners.

Boolit Master
    Have you tried any of the reloading components companies yet? That would be acceptable for a firearm range, would it not?
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master
    Ya just got off the phone with Dillon. I can purchase one though one of the dealers but they are not going to give a promotional banner for free.

Lee said the Idea was cute but no sorry no signs or banners.

Nope nope nope.

Henry is a good one. I will call now.

For the record I am not mad at any company who says no I just can not get passed the fact that is free for them and no one does it. Or that I can not get a call back after days.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Gun companies are hit up all the time for things like this. As much as they may wish to supply them, supply, demand, and the time to send them out is prohibitive.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    Henry said, yes and to contact back with events in the future. Good deal.

As far as companies being hit up all the time for things like this well if they are they sure as heck do not act like it. They act shocked that its a thing. Lee said I could print a copy of their logo on a piece of paper and hang it. LOL

RIA said they would mail it out. At least that is what I thought she said.
    Last edited by Outer Rondacker; 05-17-2018 at 12:00 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

I'm like you, a little surprised in their lack of interest. Besides firearms manufactures, I would think about all of the reloading companies, scope manufactures, ammo companies like Black Hills, powder companies, brass companies, ect. I think you have a good idea and hope it works out ok.

Boolit Buddy
    Try the majors Hunter Ed relations staff. They usually provide lots of free stuff to our range, which is an ADF&G "Hunter Ed" facility.
    Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory ... lasts forever.
    Retired USN
    NRA Life

Boolit Master

That is curious, I got a couple posters, and a placemat, at Midsouth; bullet companies gave them some to pass out to customers I believe.
    "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
    ~Pericles~

Boolit Master
    Ouch. Some feel this is a gold digging event.

For those of you who do its for a NFP range. Hosting public events.

Boolit Master
    Just a thought - are you calling their customer service folks, or their sales folks? CS folks try to resolve issues with the minimum effort and expense. Sales folks know the value of advertising.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

Boolit Master
    Marketing, promotional and media. Some CS but only on the ones who only have CS to get the sales rep or marketing department.

Taurus Guns USA answered and I asked the CS person to transfer me to marketing. She offered to help and got a boss. They just said great. What is your shipping info and how large can you take. Look for something in the next week. Ok.

I did call RCBS. They are affiliated with loads of other companies. That would be a great one to get a call back from.

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Stag Arms has banners.
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master
    RCBS is owned by Vista Outdoors. They would be a good one to try and find a good contact at. Vista owns CCI, Alliant, Speer, Federal, Blazer, Estate, Independence, Bushnell, Hoppes 9, American Eagle and a dozen plus other brands.

As a Regional Sales Manager for an non-firearm related company, one needs to contact the Regional Sales Staff for brochures or banners. Customer Service people are usually overwhelmed with daily orders and complaints. Find out who the Regional Sales Manager is and contact them personally. In my situation, I can then direct the marketing department to send out the items requested.

Boolit Master
    Most of the big companies have Regional sales managers. I have calls into them still waiting back.

Stag arms that is a good one thanks.

Vista outdoors would be great. Waiting on a call back. Hopefully they do call.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast