Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Load DataWidenersSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gun companies lack of promotional items

Boolit Grand Master

The cold shoulder you are finding is the result of corp bean counters running the large companies that bought up the smaller ones. Their job is to reduce expenses even at the risk of long range profits.
    Today's bottom line is all that counts. It's called corporate greed.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master
    A lot of them USPSA match banners/sponsors are reloading related. Components and distributors of components.
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

Gather all the addresses of the companies. Send the letters to the President of the company detailing your plans. Also inform them of any events your range hosts. I.E. Cowboy matches, IHMSA, Three gun, Bench rest, IDPA or any others. Tell them what your club looks like. Some will send gifts. Donate or raffle them for youth programs. Then send a thank you note and tell them what you done with what they sent. Then post a thank you on every forum you visit. I've done this several times for IHMSA matches. Have all the addresses and prewritten letters on a thumb drive so all I have to do is update the info and mail.

Try Berger Bullets Otis Cleaning Products Sierra Starline Hornady
    Ky State Director IHMSA
    Hunter Ed Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Boolit Master
    Great idea. I think I will put it in a form of a email as most companies do not want to take calls or even snail mail. Everything is email.

Mold maker you hit the nail on the head.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Master
    This is the email response from Remington and Marlin.

We thank you for contacting us in regard to your 2017 donation request. We have reviewed all submissions and unfortunately at this time we are unable to support your request. We wish you the best of luck in your endeavors this year.

Thank you – The Remington Outdoor Co., LLC

Remember I asked for a banner to hang nothing else. LOL
    They do not even have the year correct. It was an auto response. Still have not got any calls back from larger companies. Oh this was part of a email I have made up and cut copy and pasted to many different vendors.

Boolit Master

Remember Remington is declaring bankruptcy. Wouldn't expect much to begin with their money problems.

Boolit Buddy
    Does your range have a shop that is actually selling items made by the companies you're hitting up? If you have an FFL then you surely have sales reps calling and e-mailing weekly to get your business. The sales reps are the people to get these items from. I would also check with the sales reps of the big distributors because I know they get promo items all the time.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Outer Rondacker View Post
    This is the email response from Remington and Marlin.

We thank you for contacting us in regard to your 2017 donation request. We have reviewed all submissions and unfortunately at this time we are unable to support your request. We wish you the best of luck in your endeavors this year.

Thank you – The Remington Outdoor Co., LLC.
    Remington doesn't even realize it's 2018??? You'd think the person sending out blanket email responses could spend 5 seconds to review the response but I'm guessing the $10 per hour employee doesn't even care.

In Remembrance

Even after we closed our general store in the late 1970`s we were getting the banners and other counter supplies from the sales reps we had dealt with.Robert

Boolit Master
    We have no gun shop.

Boolit Buddy

Hit hornady up

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by crowbuster View Post
    Hit hornady up
    I was just about to suggest this. They send out a very nice poster with their catalog every year, so I'd be surprised if they didn't want to put up some free advertising at a gun range.

Midsouth Shooter Supply might be interested as well. Maybe Grafs too?

Boolit Master
    Thanks for the suggestions guys. I will give them all a call in the morning.

I did have a chance to talk to a few of the larger gun shops in the area. (1&1/2 drive) They said if I got anything from the local reps it would be more then they have gotten in years. One shop I have been working with closely to help him get going. He has been open for just turning two years. I told him to talk to his reps also. He said so you want signs like the ones I have at my shop. I said you do not have any signs. He told me he ask for something every time they come. He has got nothing but books.

Boolit Master
    Pretty doggone sad...
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Grand Master

Writing on letter head will probably be more productive than calling. They probably get a hundred calls a week from "gun clubs" that are really just Billy Bob looking for a cool S&W banner for his loading room.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Master
    The call is just to get the link address to fill out the form needed. Most companies have a link on the home page some do not. The ones who do not get calls or if I can not find it easy. Same with local reps. I just filled out the Glock and Horndy forms.

Today marks one week trying to get this going. Still no calls back from any reps or emails other then the Remington response I posted above. Some have answered over the phone.

I started this post because I did not think it was so hard to get a few banners. Now I am finding its even harder to get a response. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Outer Rondacker View Post
    Great idea. I think I will put it in a form of a email as most companies do not want to take calls or even snail mail. Everything is email.

Mold maker you hit the nail on the head.
    My best luck has been sending snail mail. Somebody opens all of them. Again promoting a certain thing will get the best response. A match, youth event or the like. Also tell them you need it by a certain date.
    Ky State Director IHMSA
    Hunter Ed Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Boolit Master
    Maybe you should enclose a copy of this topic or even just a link...

They might not how their lack of enthusiasm & response has been coming across & change it for the better...

G'Luck!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master
    Glock got back to me and said I qualify to look for my promotional packet in the mail in the next 20 days. Thanks Glock.

So far its Mossberg,Glock, Henry. Taurus Guns USA and RIA said they would mail something out time will tell. I got Henry's banner today. Very nice.

Boolit Master
    Still no reply from any REPS. I wish I could have their jobs. I would talk gun bs all day and get paid for it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast