RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataInline Fabrication
RepackboxTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyWideners
Lee Precision Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pancakes Homemade or Box?

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O

Pancakes Homemade or Box?

Wife uses a box mix and uses a cast iron griddle when she can.
    Many kinds of Pancakes
    What kind of Pancakes do you like
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master

Farm eggs make all the difference,I like em all plain, walnut, chocolate chip, try using root beer instead of milk it’s really good!

I try and keep a box mix around to use. Mainly Saturday and Sunday are the Dad makes good breakfast days....
    Invariably, if I mix my own, its too much baking powder/baking soda even though I measure. You'd think I'd get it right someday.

My best is making beignets. Use Cafe Dumond's mix. Interestingly I can find at some Walmarts in north Arkansas along with a couple of other groceries. Good stuff, love the powdered sugar. Key, Measure water and mix very carefully, and roll thin....

Boolit Master

I like the Buckwheat mix, on the bitter side used straight, so I mix with regular 50/50.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Master
    I enjoy whipping up a batch of waffles from scratch. I have found that if I separate the egg whites and beat them separately and then fold them into the mix last the waffles have a better texture.

I usually find myself making waffles when we have the grandkids over for the weekend. It’s nice that they bring some eggs when they come from the chickens that they keep in their backyard. It does taste better with fresh eggs , even if they come from the coop in their Tampa backyard.
    Plata o plomo?
    Plomo, por favor!

Boolit Master
    I pretty much always keep a box of mix on hand, too easy and always a winner for the kiddo if we are running late or he wants a surprise breakfast with dad.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Boolit Master
    Buckwheat cakes with diced nectarines cooked in.
    Life is so much better with dogs!

Boolit Grand Master
    Great Value box mix from Wal-Mart. I know...........it just doesn't sound right, but they are the very best I've had. Like the old commercial, "Trrrrrrry it, you'll like it."

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I started grinding corn for corn cakes years ago. Much better having corn cakes than regular pancakes. You don't feel as full, and they stick with you better.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Banned
    I'm a waffle guy, diy from scratch. I substitute 1 container of yogurt for some of the milk to get different flavors should work with pancakes also.

Boolit Master
    I don't remember ever making batter from a box. Found a recipe in one of my cookbooks 30+ years ago. Modified it here and there over the years, but, start the bacon, the pancake batter takes maybe 6 or 7 minutes. Breakfast is ready in 20 to 30 minutes. Put the leftover pancakes in ziploc freezer bags. Leftover bacon in same type of bag. On weekends I can sleep in and the boys microwave the leftover pancakes and bacon.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Bisquick mix with eggs and milk, although I have tried some add water mixes that aren't all that bad. Add a T spoon of sugar, makes a big difference.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MyFlatline View Post
    Bisquick mix with eggs and milk, although I have tried some add water mixes that aren't all that bad. Add a T spoon of sugar, makes a big difference.
    I add a little sugar and a bit of vanilla extract.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Master
    Buttermilk pancakes from scratch are my Weekend Go-To breakfasts... with bacon, of course...

Oh, and I do the fixin'; not the wife....

Boolit Master
    Home made for us, as we have to use gluten free flour. Best tasting pancakes I ever made were made with stone ground wheat. That was before we found out we had to go GF.

Banned
    Make ours BUTTERMILK w/fried eggs & patty sausage, from scratch by my Darla.

yours, tex

Boolit Master
    For a box mix "Snoqualmie Falls Lodge" mix is pretty good.

Boolit Grand Master
    If I have the stuff in the fridge, I prefer homemade, but there are a few box mixes that are good. I prefer the mixes where you have to add egg/milk/oil to the mixes. Shawnee mills makes a good one and Cracker Barrel makes a good one too.

I always add a smidge of vanilla to the batter

Kind of prefer waffles
    Last edited by rockrat; 05-16-2018 at 08:58 PM.

Boolit Buddy

Fresh. Topped with my homemade walnut syrup ! Our maple is good as well

Boolit Master

From scratch and it’s easy, also a side of smoked bacon.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast