RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionInline FabricationGraf & Sons
StainLess Steel MediaTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyADvertise here

Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 6000 USD, Received: 3800 USD (63%)
We have reached our goal! Thanks to all who donated! I will be updating the donation bar in the next few days!
Our Annual server fund drive is going on now! This donation drive helps fund Cast Boolits for an entire year, and helps support our 2nd amendment rights! You can donate by Paypal by clicking the DONATE button. Or by Cash / Check / MO to the address below:

Willy Snyder
PO Box 2732
Pocatello, ID 83206
****Due to overwhelming e-mails, I will be very slow in updating this list. Please bear with me!****

Thread: PIF:"feeler" Post got nuked... so whoever was looking for 5.7x28

Boolit Man

PIF:"feeler" Post got nuked... so whoever was looking for 5.7x28

My recent who's looking for what brass post got nuked by a mod who thinks I was trying to sell brass. In fact I was pointing out that a few overposted calibers just sit and don't "sell" well. (my fault I guess for using sarcasm in a world of over sensitivity and misunderstanding)

Anyway in the ton of responses to that nuked post I believe someone mentioned 5.7x28 brass?

I have 50 pieces of range pickup for the first "I'll take it" and PM

EDIT: I counted it again 3 times and got 3 different numbers... So it is a quantity between 49 and 51... LOL
    Last edited by Jake McCracken; 05-16-2018 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Quantity fix
    Dignified? I signed up for brave and courageous, not dignified!

That stinks, that was an interesting thread. I was enjoying reading everyone else's responses were.
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all!
    Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPA View Post
    This innocent till proven guilty is more like a fantasy as time goes on. I don't know about you folks, but I for 1 am getting mighty tired of having to prove I'm innocent just because of what someone else thinks....

Boolit Master

Maybe if we started a thread in Helping Hands called “I could really use a PIF for ... brass” we might manage a little garage cleanup!

Boolit Master

Wasn't there a bullet exchange thread? Maybe a brass exchange thread could be started as well, seems there are folks going in and out of different calibers all the time.
    "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
    ~Pericles~

I like the idea !

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    Wasn't there a bullet exchange thread? Maybe a brass exchange thread could be started as well, seems there are folks going in and out of different calibers all the time.
    Great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Mytmousemalibu View Post
    That stinks, that was an interesting thread. I was enjoying reading everyone else's responses were.
    "Our Town" is the best place to post questions that concern a member. ie, if I am curious about what brass everyone is looking for?

The original thread can be un-deleted and moved to "Our Town", as long as the OP (Jake) is OK with that, as well as being OK with a tiny bit of editing to his comments.
    >>> Or a new thread can be started.

But please don't start one about brass trading, we have a place for that as well "ABT" (AmmoBrassTrader), there is a link on the toolbar on top of the page
    ORjust go here
    http://ammobrasstrader.com/forum/
    Last edited by JonB_in_Glencoe; 05-16-2018 at 03:41 PM. Reason: fixed wrong quote

Quote Originally Posted by BrassMagnet View Post
    Maybe if we started a thread in Helping Hands called “I could really use a PIF for ... brass” we might manage a little garage cleanup!
    That is a pretty good idea, although small quantities of brass may cost more to ship than they are worth, making it cost prohibitive to become a popular thing.

I have a large box of misc range pickups that are calibers I don't use, problem is, there is only 5 or 10 of each.

Boolit Man

Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    "Our Town" is the best place to post questions that concern a member. ie, if I am curious about what brass everyone is looking for?

The original thread can be un-deleted and moved to "Our Town", as long as the OP (Jake) is OK with that, as well as being OK with a tiny bit of editing to his comments.

But please don't start one about brass trading, we have a place for that as well "ABT" (AmmoBrassTrader), there is a link on the toolbar on top of the page
    ORjust go here
    I'm good with that, edit what you must and put it where it need be. Lots of good replies in it...

Boolit Master

ORjust go here
    Thanks for the link, didn't know it was there.
    "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
    ~Pericles~

I'm A Honcho!

I use 5.7 X 28 FN brass as donor jackets for my 30 caliber swaged bullets.
    So, if no one else has a need, I could sure use them.

PM me for my address.

NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor

Author of a book on reloading
    ILSA MEMBER http://www.internationallawnsteelsho...ssociation.com
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Boolit Man

Quote Originally Posted by DukeInFlorida View Post
    I use 5.7 X 28 FN brass as donor jackets for my 30 caliber swaged bullets.
    So, if no one else has a need, I could sure use them.

PM me for my address.
    Yours on one condition, I'd like to see that process. Could you email me some pics and learn me the basic process? It sounds interesting!

PM coming!

here's an old thread about making 308 bullets from 5.7 cases.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...720-FN-5-7x308

Boolit Man

here's an old thread about making 308 bullets from 5.7 cases.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...720-FN-5-7x308
    Good reading! Thank you!

I'm A Honcho!

JonB has it right. I have a set of the tools from BT Sniper (one of the Vendor Sponsors here), and have made many thousands of these jacketed bullets. I make them in two bullet weights; 150 grain that i load in 300 Blackouts, and 168 grain that I load in 308 Win. Several of my close group of buddies have shot plastic bulletin board push pins at 100, 200, and 300 yards with these bullets, making them as accurate as the "match grade" bullets we used to load. The weight adjustment is done by adjusting the weight of the pure lead cores installed inside.

Side note: The 5.7's are a super advanced cartridge to reload. Part of the issue is the plastic coating that is on the outside of the brass cases to assist with extraction from the pistols and rifles, when the cartridge is fired. The coating always gets damaged, and requires re-coating the cases, no thanks! The pressures are also tricky. Reloading these is for an advanced reloader. So, I make use of them as donor jackets. Thanks again for the brass. If anyone else has some that they would donate, I will do as many PIF's as necessary.

NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor

Author of a book on reloading
    ILSA MEMBER http://www.internationallawnsteelsho...ssociation.com
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER