Load DataInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2PBcastcoWidenersLee Precision
Reloading Everything Repackbox

Thread: Help with powder usage

Boolit Mold

Post Help with powder usage

Hi everyone. I kind of have a conundrum. I have recently started loading my 55gr cast .223 rounds and I have a few different choices of powder at my disposal but my question is which one of these powders should I use and what are the loads that I should use with them. I have IMR 4756, IMR 4064, IMR 4198, RELOADER 7, RED DOT, TITEGROUP, and HERCULES 2400. With just starting with these rounds I just want to play around at the moment. I'm not looking for accuracy. When that time comes then I will purchase a better powder. Lol.

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Reloader 7 works well for me. Check the Alliant load data. I load PP rounds same as metal jacketed.
    To paraphrase Ronald Reagan, the trouble with many shooting experts is not that they're ignorant; its just that they know so much that isn't so.

Boolit Buddy
    I like Varget (about the same as 4064), especially for heavies. I never thought of PP'in for a .22. ..boy you must have determination. I could never do it with my sausage fingers
    Domari Nolo

Boolit Mold
    Ok so I know this may seem stupid but I am new to the form. But what is pp

Paper patching. You can get jacketed performance with the paper jacket. I would post a photo of a paper patched boolit but I can't seem to reach Postimage.
    Rest In Peace My Son (01/06/1986 - 14/01/2014)

''Assume everything that moves is a human before identifying as otherwise''

Boolit Master
    Fishbait86

You posted in the paperpatch topic location; that's why we are asking about p.p. of .224 boolits. I tried it and and only recently returned from the psych ward. I shoot a .222 w/ cast 55 gr. and had good results with 12 grains of 2400.
    Decreed by our Creator: The man who has been made able to believe and understand that Jesus Christ has been sent into this world by the Father has been born of the Spirit of God. This man shall never experience spiritual death. He will live forever!