Load DataSnyders JerkyRepackboxInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionWidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything

Thread: Want to buy unanswered/how long to wait?

Boolit Master

Want to buy unanswered/how long to wait?

Too many things can happen I know. I also know everyone doesn't live on the keyboard. I answered a WTS add, had 1 private message and then no more. No payment sent, no address. Only been 2 weeks or so.

How long should I just sit on this? Will the thread get closed if no activity?

I can live without the transaction. What do we do when this happens?
    Most of the tanks are gone and the windows don't rattle anymore. I won't be able to sleep now.

Boolit Master

Move on now

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I'd forget it and move on.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

One word comes to mind. "NEXT".

Done. Move on.

How about one more try that says "....if I don't hear from you by X then I'll move on". There could be any number of reasons why there is no answer.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Banned

if I'm selling something and some one says ill take it I give them 3 days to confirm payment is sent then I send them an email saying transaction is canceled.

Boolit Master
    There had been no activity since the initial post for the seller until yesterday. Since there was no PM with info, I sent one to announce pulling interest.
    Most of the tanks are gone and the windows don't rattle anymore. I won't be able to sleep now.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by FISH4BUGS View Post
    How about one more try that says "....if I don't hear from you by X then I'll move on". There could be any number of reasons why there is no answer.
    I would do something like this. That way, if the other party had something interfere there would be a record of sorts showing that I tried and that the deal was ended.

Communication is important to me. When buying, I message the seller when funds are sent and when the goods are received. When selling, I like to know when funds are sent and when goods are received. It just seems like a real courtesy when strangers are dealing with each other.
    Last edited by lightman; 05-19-2018 at 11:00 AM.

Boolit Master
    I emailed a materials quote to my daytime job customer. Construction in his area had cut the neighborhood's internet. A call confirmed the problem and I had to re-send the email. It's hard to say what the problem is at times. I'd send my PM again and if you don't see a response after they've had activity it's time to move on.