Inline FabricationStainLess Steel MediaADvertise hereLee Precision
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingGraf & SonsMidSouth Shooters Supply

Donate Now Goal amount for this year: 6000 USD, Received: 4840 USD (81%)
We have reached our goal! Thanks to all who donated! I will be updating the donation bar in the next few days!
Our Annual server fund drive is going on now! This donation drive helps fund Cast Boolits for an entire year, and helps support our 2nd amendment rights! You can donate by Paypal by clicking the DONATE button. Or by Cash / Check / MO to the address below:

Willy Snyder
PO Box 2732
Pocatello, ID 83206
****Due to overwhelming e-mails, I will be very slow in updating this list. Please bear with me!****

Thread: Arsenal Molds - Dimensions?

Boolit Master

Arsenal Molds - Dimensions?

I have a few Arsenal Molds, and I really like them. Good build quality and easy to cast with. But I'm not too happy with the dimensions on my latest purchase, a 403-180 TC mold. The mold halves close nicely, but the bullets still come out a little out of round. They measure .40050 on one side, and .40325 on the other, measured with a Starrett micrometer. Bullets drop at 174.5-175gr with an alloy that consists of 75% clip-on WW and 25% pure. No extra tin added.
    Should I consider the mold within spec, or do I have enough reason to complain? I was thinking to size to .402.

Boolit Master

They will make it right if it is a problem , contact them . I just noticed your in Norway WOW how is shipping ?

Boolit Master
    I'll contact them and get their advise. Shipping will run pretty high, so I doubt it's worth sending the mold back to the US.

Boolit Master

Run a few through the .402 sizer and see if that helps round them out. This is one of the reasons I size my boolits...it can help with slightly out of roundness.
    This might save you that high postage.
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables

I had bought an Arsenal 124gr TC that was dropping bullets undersized. I emailed Arsenal and Jared was very apologetic and got me a new one sent out ASAP, no questions asked, didn't request the other back. I got a new one free of charge in a few days. Really cant ask for anything better as far as customer service goes.

I'd send him an email, I bet he'd do you right.
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all!
    Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPA View Post
    This innocent till proven guilty is more like a fantasy as time goes on. I don't know about you folks, but I for 1 am getting mighty tired of having to prove I'm innocent just because of what someone else thinks....

Boolit Master
    I have 4 of his molds and they are spot on. Dale

Boolit Master

I believe that he is a member here at Cast boollits .

Boolit Master
    I agree, their molds work flawlessly and are every well made. I have another order with them for two more molds as we speak. I'll drop them an email ASAP, I don't like to complain but I was thinking to offer some of these bullets commercially.

Boolit Master
    I dropped Jared an email, so we'll see what he says. I only cast with this mold once, so it might need a few more heat cycles to be broken in properly. I'll give it another go tomorrow.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbo View Post
    The mold halves close nicely, but the bullets still come out a little out of round. They measure .40050 on one side, and .40325 on the other, measured with a Starrett micrometer.

I was thinking to size to .402.
    0.003" is a lot out of round. The .402 sizer will not help.

Had a mold with that was out of round - One of the pins was out too far and wouldn't let the mold close tight

A footnote I forgot, the replacement mold I was sent was perfect and makes beautiful bullets! Other than the undersize issue on the 1st one it was perfect as well. Very well made and beautiful molds.
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all!
    Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPA View Post
    This innocent till proven guilty is more like a fantasy as time goes on. I don't know about you folks, but I for 1 am getting mighty tired of having to prove I'm innocent just because of what someone else thinks....