WidenersLee PrecisionLoad DataTitan Reloading
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Inline FabricationRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arsenal Molds - Dimensions?

Boolit Master
    I had a problem with a Arsenal order. I ordered a 257283 85g. When the mold arrived it was a 257283 60g. Wrong mold but being the cast junkie that I am, I went ahead and tried it out. The mold cast well and the bullet shot OK. I fired off a message explaining the mixup and suggested a discount on a replacement mold since I already used the "wrong" mold. Well I did not receive a response until a new "correct" mold arrived in the mail. I think that is a pretty stand up solution to the problem. I won't have a problem ordering another mold from Arsenal.

Boolit Bub
    Sorry to report the same situation with Arsenal that you have. Bought 2 molds, H&G 503’s, both out of spec. I spoke to Jared on Jan.11 about them. Was told I’d have replacements within a couple of weeks, but they haven’t gotten here yet. If they get here I’ll let y’all know. It’s been almost 10 weeks now. I was planning to wait another week before posting anything, but found this post, and decided to share my disappointing story also. Harles

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by WALLNUTT View Post
    I had a problem with a Arsenal order. I ordered a 257283 85g. When the mold arrived it was a 257283 60g. Wrong mold but being the cast junkie that I am, I went ahead and tried it out. The mold cast well and the bullet shot OK. I fired off a message explaining the mixup and suggested a discount on a replacement mold since I already used the "wrong" mold. Well I did not receive a response until a new "correct" mold arrived in the mail. I think that is a pretty stand up solution to the problem. I won't have a problem ordering another mold from Arsenal.
    Well I sure hope I have the same result that you did. I’ve been calling him and have emailed him. So far, no results. I hope he has a reasonable explanation and all is well with him. Harles

Boolit Master
    I also have an interesting dimensional problem with an Arsenal mould. But it is one I bought from a member on here, not direct from Arsenal. My .311 -176 LFN casts beautiful round boolits with each of the 5 cavities virtually identical. Unfortunately they are .317 rather than .311 which is awful fat for a fellow who sizes to .309 or .310. The gas check shank though is a very nice fit for 30 cal gas checks.

I emailed him about 6 weeks ago to see if he would replace this obvious manufacturing defect but have not heard back from him.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Harles Dawson View Post
    Well I sure hope I have the same result that you did. I’ve been calling him and have emailed him. So far, no results. I hope he has a reasonable explanation and all is well with him. Harles
    I received an email from Jared today. He apologized for dropping the ball on my mold problem, and asked for a refresher about the problem. I told him the problem. He emailed again and said he’d replace the molds with molds to my specifications. I expect that he will. I’ll let y’all know the results when they happen. Harles

Boolit Buddy
    I also got a response from Arsenal. They said they've been very busy, and I totally understand that. They are going to replace the mold, but didn't mention if I have to return the faulty one. I hate to complain, but because of the design of this mold it just wasn't possible to use without the gas check, which normally can be done. So the problem seems to be resolved, I'll keep you posted.

Boolit Master
    After Wasalmonslayer made a contact I also heard from Jared via PM. That should eliminate spam filter problems.

I'm A Honcho!
    Glad all things are coming together for you guys!

Boolit Buddy
    Wasalmonslayer, thanks a lot for pulling some strings. I'm sure they were just busy, hopefully everything will work out.

I'm A Honcho!
    You gents are very welcome!
    I hope you get the solutions quickly and can return to your regular scheduled programs

Boolit Buddy
    Thank you, I'll keep you guys posted on the outcome.

Boolit Buddy
    I just read this thread with interest as I was considering ordering one of their molds. I think I will go ahead and do so.

Boolit Buddy
    I think you should, they are great molds to cast with and they have some really good bullet designs as well.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Harles Dawson View Post
    I received an email from Jared today. He apologized for dropping the ball on my mold problem, and asked for a refresher about the problem. I told him the problem. He emailed again and said he’d replace the molds with molds to my specifications. I expect that he will. I’ll let y’all know the results when they happen. Harles
    Well, I said I’d let y’all know how things worked out. I got 2 new molds in mail from Jared on Saturday. Haven’t gotten to cast with them yet, but am heat cycling now. Hopefully will cast tomorrow. I expect they’ll do fine. Harles

Boolit Buddy
    Harles, thanks for the update. There's also a new mold on the way to me from Jared, haven't received it yet but should hopefully be here in a few days. How many heat cycles do you put them through before you start casting?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12