RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLoad Data
RepackboxTitan ReloadingWidenersLee Precision
Inline Fabrication

Thread: Kahr CM9 front sight issues

Boolit Master

Kahr CM9 front sight issues

I have a Kahr CM9 that has the factory option "night sites" which I think are tritium or some kind of reflective material.
    Right after I got this pistol, the front sight flew off. I sent it back to the factory and they installed a new one. Last week end, I fired this gun for only the second or third session since I got it back, and the front sight flew off again. The factory rep said, "That shouldn't happen" and they sent me another call tag to send the slide back again. This gun has never seen hot loads, let alone plus P.
    I requested that they look into installing this sight in a dovetail or come up with some other method, because the 2 screws which are supposed to hold the sight to the slide keep shearing off.
    Have any of you other CM9 shooters experienced this problem?
    It's all chicken, even the beak!

Vendor Sponsor

Might want to visit the Kahrtalk forum.. Not that this isn't welcome here, it is, but you will get more responses specific to your CM9 over there.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master
    I've just signed up for the Kahr forum. Thanks, I didn't know one existed.

Boolit Master
    Are you sure it's a CM9? I recently purchased one and the front site is a staked on plastic one. The only thing I didn't like about the model. I checked Kahr's site and they do not list night sites as an option or as a purchasable part. I cured the low light sighting by the addition of Crimson Trace Laserguard.

Winelover

Boolit Master
    Winelover--It's definitely a CM9. It is engraved on the slide, and the original box says CM9 NIGHT SIGHT PACKED and has the model number CM9093N . Perhaps Kahr has had others with the same problem as mine, and they took the Night Sight model off the market rather than deal with the problems?
    Anyone who wants to see a neat remedy for this problem can view a diagram on the Kahrforum and look for my post titled CM9 front sight issues and there is a "fix" posted by a "gb6914". Kahr folks need to see this, but as I said on that thread, I'm not the kinda computer techie that could send it to them! HELP!

Super Moderator

I'd be tempted to use a dab of epoxy...but that's just me.

Boolit Master
    When the front sight flew off the firs time, the remnants of the screws were still in the slide.
    That was the main reason I wanted a "factory fix".
    The factory guy also told me the have a special method to re-install the sight once the holes are cleaned out of the screw shanks.
    So....I figgered I got a factory fix.
    Well the factory fix didn t work because I experienced the same "flying front sight" issue!,

Boolit Master
    I'm done investing in night sights on my CC pieces. Lost the Trijicon front night sight of my Beretta Nano, last month. Rear needs to be checked for tightness, after every practice session. Set screws are so tiny, that I'm concerned with stripping them. Beretta only will sell you the set for $119. Trijicon does't have them for purchase. I rather invest in CT's Laserguard's for around the same outlay of cash.

Winelover

Boolit Buddy
    First mag in my brand new CM9 yesterday at the range. After second shot front sight broke off.

Boolit Master
    Looks like Kahr CM9's still have a problem!!
    I solved my Kahr problem by sending it down the road.