MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingWidenersRepackbox
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionLoad Data
Titan Reloading

Thread: RCBS Posi-Prime seater stems

Boolit Master

RCBS Posi-Prime seater stems

I have 2 RCBS Posi-Prime hand primer tools but there is a problem. I need the large and small seating stems that fits them. I understand (have been told) that one of the newer RCBS primer tools seating stems will work in the RCBS. Does anyone have confirmation information on that and if so, what tool? Maybe I could get stems from RCBS if I knew the correct tool that is compatible, stem wise. Thanks for any help, james

Boolit Master

PB, I just got off the phone with RBS and they no longer have the seating stems. The representative said occasionally they get a tool back from a customer for repair and they no longer have parts needed to repair or replace, so they cannibalize the tool for spare parts. However, he also said that he has not seen a tool returned that had the primer seater stems with them. He also said that none of the later tools used the same seater stems or he would send me some. He said that a good machine operator might be able to modify one of the other stems to fit but he couldn't tell me which ones as he did not know which one to suggest. I guess my only hope is to find someone who has broken their Posi-Prime and might be willing to sell me their stems. It was worth the try though and I do thank you for the information you provided. james

Boolit Master

Now, wait a minute here boys. I've had two Posi Prime tools and both cracked and I sent them back w/o the punches. I have a .22 slide top ammo box with punches in it of all vintages. I know I've used Posi Prime punches in my bench mounted RCBS primer tool and also in an old Lachmiller bench mounted tool.
    If the Posi Prime punches work in the bench mounted, the bench mounted punches should work in the Posi Prime as I don't recall modifying them.
    Too bad the Posi Primes were so delicate. I loved mine and spent many hours in front of the TV priming brass in an easy chair./beagle
    diplomacy is being able to say, "nice doggie" until you find a big rock.....

Boolit Mold
    Would like to find a small rifle primer stem for blue lachmiller bench primer press.