Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingWideners
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Load DataLee Precision
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Thank you NOE

Boolit Buddy

Thank you NOE

I bought two dies from NOE. One was a 311165 and the other was a 223 60gr saeco rn clone. I have been waiting for weeks on a pair of Lee handles. I have seen these molds sitting on my desk and raring to use them. Today the handles arrived.

The only moulds I have used prior to today have been a couple of Lee's. One for the 45 acp & the other is for the 30.30 & .06 (170 gr fn) The pistol bullet mould worked right out of the box but the rifle mould required some serious altering. The cavities were not even close to being round. I managed to get it casting right after some tinkering.

The two NOE moulds worked perfectly with no hiccups. I'm impressed. Hopefully, I can place some of these downrange in a few days and see how they do. The .311 will be shot from my Rem 700 in 30.06. The .223 will be shot out of my rem 700 in .223.

The .311 are poured with straight wheel weights and the .223 were poured from the lyman #2 reciepe I got out of the manual. Hope the shoot well.
    USAF (Retired) 1985-2005

Boolit Master
    The best thing to come out of this site is the availability of quality molds from qualified mold makers. I remember the old group buy days when we dealt with LEE. Many of the molds turned out well but the when often got very stretched out to some long waits. This site is pretty much responsible for several custom mold suppliers that we deal with today. These guys are good at what they do and I hope we can continue to support them. Enjoy your new molds. I'd be willing to bet that if you do you will own a few more before long. Keep on shootin.

Nighthunter

Boolit Buddy
    Congrats.Ive been waiting for a NOE mold to be made. this makes me want one even more!!!

Boolit Master
    I agree, Mr. Nelson and his NOE molds are a class act. I recently bought two of his molds on separate occasions and they were here in three days after ordering them even thought I screwed up and had to have him correct the order.
    I followed his instructions and they started making great bullets from the start. To say I am pleased with them would be an understatement!

Boolit Master
    I think I am up to about 12 NOE molds. Most bought new, but I think two I have I bought used. Great stuff all around.
    I came into this world kicking, screaming, and covered in someone elses blood. I plan to go out the same way.

And I bet you paid less for them than Lees are going for on Ebay................

I bought my first NOE mold not long ago(RCBS 22-055 FN) profile 3 cavity. It is beautiful. I have yet to cast with it, but I'm sure it will be a pleasure.

As I've stated in several other posts, I recently got my first mold from NOE (454-230-RN - [H&G #34]). This mold gave great results from the very start. I'm a convert! Thanks for a great product and quick, courteous, service.
    Ain't that Hatchet Jack's rifle?
    Yep. Found him froze to a tree.
    Damn! He was a wild one, old Hatchet Jack. He was livin' two year in a cave up on the Musselshell with a female panther. She never did get used to him.

I have 3 at the moment and all are fantastic. If I were a rich man, I would have many, many more.

Boolit Buddy
    The rem 700 in 30.06 likes this bullet. Shot it as it came out of the mould, gas checked & powered by 2400@ 16.0 gr This is 9 out of 10 shots at 100 yards. I don't know what happened with the flyer but with the other 9 drilling the 2" target it was more than likely my fault.

Last edited by Friends call me Pac; 04-17-2013 at 11:46 PM.
    USAF (Retired) 1985-2005

Boolit Buddy
    Went back today and had a friend spot for me as i tried for the 300 yard target. The rifle is dead on at 100 yards but was deffinately low at 300. After seeing the splash I was able to hold over and hit the steel target the next 10 shots in a row. Pretty stoked. With my last two rounds I tried the 500 yard target but hit way short. Maybe next time.
    USAF (Retired) 1985-2005

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by GT1 View Post
    I bought my first NOE mold not long ago(RCBS 22-055 FN) profile 3 cavity. It is beautiful. I have yet to cast with it, but I'm sure it will be a pleasure.
    You'll like that one, I have cast thousands of boolits with my 5 cavity RCBS clone mold...mine come out a bit heavy using 94-3-3 alloy, and weigh about 60gr with GC installed.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Friends call me Pac View Post
    I bought two dies from NOE. One was a 311165 and the other was a 223 60gr saeco rn clone. I have been waiting for weeks on a pair of Lee handles. I have seen these molds sitting on my desk and raring to use them. Today the handles arrived.

The only moulds I have used prior to today have been a couple of Lee's. One for the 45 acp & the other is for the 30.30 & .06 (170 gr fn) The pistol bullet mould worked right out of the box but the rifle mould required some serious altering. The cavities were not even close to being round. I managed to get it casting right after some tinkering.

The two NOE moulds worked perfectly with no hiccups. I'm impressed. Hopefully, I can place some of these downrange in a few days and see how they do. The .311 will be shot from my Rem 700 in 30.06. The .223 will be shot out of my rem 700 in .223.

The .311 are poured with straight wheel weights and the .223 were poured from the lyman #2 reciepe I got out of the manual. Hope the shoot well.
    He's addicted...welcome to the club. We have meetings but only to enable.
    I bought one NOE mould just to see what all the hoopla was about....I'm a tightwad and never dreamed I would ever waste 100 bucks on a mould, come on they can't possibly be that nice...right!
    But after that first one...I find myself blowing money like I won the lottery . They are nice and they will spoil you . I still use my Lee moulds but the NOE's are like $130,000.00 a night call girls...SWEET !
    You only live once so go for the good stuff.
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"