WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLee Precision
Reloading EverythingRepackboxRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Load Data

Thread: ohaus 10-10

Boolit Bub

ohaus 10-10

Just got back from a little fishin trip to Lake Davis. No luck. Stopped at a yard sale in Portola and.....luck hit me. Vintage Ohaus 10-10 in box with with instructions, warranty card. Box and papers - rough shape. Scale is clean and right on. Handle of copper colored powder pan busted off, but pretty sure I can get one from RCBS. $5.00. Lucky me . HA

Boolit Master

That is a great buy. I am sure that RCBS will sell you a pan but I am not sure they will give you one for free if the scale is marked Ohaus, even though Ohaus makes the RCBS version. Might be interesting to find out though. james

Lucky dawg. Nice score.

In Remembrance

It`s about a `lead pipe surety` that RCBS will send you a new pan for free under their `Guaranteed for Life Policy`.Robert

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcast416taylor View Post
    It`s about a `lead pipe surety` that RCBS will send you a new pan for free under their `Guaranteed for Life Policy`.Robert
    Nope. For scales, you have to send it in. Still free, except for one way shipping.
    I give loading advice based on my actual results in factory rifles with standard chambers, twist rates and basic accurizing.
    My goals for using cast boolits are lots of good, cheap, and reasonably accurate shooting, while avoiding overly tedious loading processes.
    The BHN Deformation Formula, and why I don't use it.
    How to find and fix sizing die eccentricity problems.
    Do you trust your casting thermometer?
    A few musings.

Boolit Bub
    I'm satisfied with my old Ohaus 10 - 10. I never find those garage sales.
    "Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier, or not having been at sea." --Dr. Johnson

Boolit Buddy
    I got 2 scales at a yard sale. One of those 10-10s for 5 bucks...but the little plastic screw lock on the drum was missing. Took one off of a RCBS 510 and that scale works just fine. The other was a Dial O grain 3100 Ohaus in almost new condition. No box or instruction papers but for 20 dollars it was a steal. And last week hit a yard sale and they had a new in the box RCBS 510 scale for 10 dollars. It must have come from a RCBS reloading press kit as the box is just a plain brown box. I consider the 510 scale as the best scale produced and sold by RCBS for the money