RepackboxInline FabricationReloading EverythingLee Precision
RotoMetals2WidenersTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky Load Data

Thread: held up well to my torchure test

Banned

held up well to my torchure test

I picked up a psa 4.5 in 9mm ar15 this past winter. So far all its shot is pc coated bullets. All with smokes powders. black and brown. Been throwing the dirty brass in the tumbler and yesterday I ran the tumbler and when it was done I counted them. It was 730 pieces. I shot all different alloys from #2 to almost pure. Just dumped them on non stick Reynolds wrap so some even had little spots of bare where they stuck to the foil. I didn't hurt a thing. Gun was getting sluggish so I decided to finally clean it. Looked down the barrel and not a stitch of leading. Ran a wet patch and two dry ones and it was whistle clean. Some of the recovered bullets (shot into packed snow) showed pc wiped off the sides (mostly with the brown) It sure didn't seem to cause any trouble or leading though. I know from experience with my cmmg 9mm ar15 that shooting conventionally lubed bullets gunks the gun up to about the same point with about half as many rounds. Found a new color yesterday too. Did a bunch of pure 130hps and mixed smokes black with his bacon grease. Looks just like army green but shinny. Whoever was the discoverer of pc coating deserves my pat on the back. Stuff works plain and simple. Probably the biggest game changer in the casting game ever. To use verals words. We finally have jacketed performance with cast bullets. Or are at least closer then weve ever been before. My old star is a lonely piece of loading gear. About all its used for is bullet sizes I don't have lee sizing dies for.

Boolit Master

It's bad Lloyd, I bought an oven. It was a a whole $8, for testing different powders.
    Still a Wax pusher through my 1911, I don't want to mess with the accuracy that my 1911 gets with my TAC 1 lube.

Boolit Master
    I have tested an number of 1911 powder coated loads with my Ransom Rest that easily group under 1.5" at 25 yards. I personally don't shoot better than that. Try several hundred PC rounds, then look at that clean barrel and it will make you a believer.

Banned

well the round count is over a 1000 after yesterday and I looked down the barrel and not a lick of leading. No need what so ever to put a brush to the bore.