WidenersRotoMetals2RepackboxLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLoad DataInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky Reloading Everything

Thread: Marlin 922M info.....

Boolit Buddy

Marlin 922M info.....

Gents - I started reading about these a while back and been casually looking for one, until recently when I finally found a very nice one. Not sure why I missed the boat when they were in production, because my interests haven't really changed. It's in the process of being shipped to my FFL, so I thought I reach out to those who may have used or owned one in the past, or still do currently, to seek out opinions, thoughts, comments, etc., while I wait its arrival. I pretty much like anything in 22 Mag and have a good supply of ammo on hand, as I already own a few other rifles and revolvers in the caliber. Thanks for your time - Bill in MA

Hi Bill,

Hope you enjoy your Model 922.

Take care, Tom

Banned

The CZ 512 semi-auto is a pretty neat rifle and is pretty accurate. My friend has one and I'm considering picking one up.

Boolit Buddy
    They are a nice example of 22 mag bolt action rifles. Not top of the line, but no slouch either.
    The one my wife has has been very accurate, and her favorite rifle for many years.

I would just make sure the barrel floats,in the stock,and possibly find out which ball point pen spring will work for a reduced trigger pull spring, and you are in business!
    Liberalism isn't just a disease anymore, it is a mental disorder.

Sirach 2: 4-9

Any questions.......http://http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?293211-Bubba-w-a-45-70-is-a-bonafied-straight-shooter
    Or here....http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...t-shooter-too!

Boolit Master
    Never had a 922, but I love my 60 and 39. No reason to believe it to be any less.

Boolit Buddy
    Gents - Well the good news it arrived safely and is it's at my FFL's awaiting pick up. Haven't been able to coordinate a time when both of us are available for the transfer, but hope to in the next day or two. I have been reading on some older threads on other forums, about the rifle and gathering some info. Some reported that it was very accurate, especially with the heavier ammo 40gr and up, but spotty functioning with the lighter 30gr newer ammo. Supposed to be blow back style, like the various versions of the models 60, 99 and 795, that are in 22 LR. It's a semi-auto, clip fed 22 Mag, made for a few years in the mid 90's. It doesn't have a lot of common parts with the other rimfire rifles, other than the sights and the buttplate, based on what I've read. I found a spare blued mag on ebay, which I guess aren't all that common. GPC has a few NOS parts in stock, I'll plan to grab a new recoil buffer and mainspring, just to keep on hand, and anything else needed, once I have it in my possession and can examine it closer. Hope to be posting a few pictures soon! Bill in MA