Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataRepackboxLee PrecisionWideners
Inline Fabrication Titan Reloading

Thread: For thought and meditation

Boolit Master

For thought and meditation

add to your faith virtue… 2 PETER 1:5
    Add means that we have to do something. We are in danger of forgetting that we cannot do what God does, and that God will not do what we can do. We cannot save nor sanctify ourselves— God does that. But God will not give us good habits or character, and He will not force us to walk correctly before Him. We have to do all that ourselves. We must “work out” our “own salvation” which God has worked in us (Philippians 2:12). Add means that we must get into the habit of doing things, and in the initial stages that is difficult. To take the initiative is to make a beginning— to instruct yourself in the way you must go.
    Beware of the tendency to ask the way when you know it perfectly well. Take the initiative— stop hesitating— take the first step. Be determined to act immediately in faith on what God says to you when He speaks, and never reconsider or change your initial decisions. If you hesitate when God tells you to do something, you are being careless, spurning the grace in which you stand. Take the initiative yourself, make a decision of your will right now, and make it impossible to go back. Burn your bridges behind you, saying, “I will write that letter,” or “I will pay that debt”; and then do it! Make it irrevocable.
    We have to get into the habit of carefully listening to God about everything, forming the habit of finding out what He says and heeding it. If, when a crisis comes, we instinctively turn to God, we will know that the habit has been formed in us. We have to take the initiative where we are, not where we have not yet been.
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Boolit Master

Obeying is a constant struggle in this flesh but we are equipped with every gift to combat the flesh. Amen and thank you for a great lesson.

Moderator Emeritus

Amen! God cares about us even when we stop caring and dare something we know we shouldn't! I am SO glad God is in control, and not us! And while virtue is commonly disdained these days, it's STILL the chief among the cardinal virtues. It's a simple reflection of our character, and especially our character when nobody's watching us. Many may have lost respect for simple virtue, but Christ hasn't. Yet another reason why I'm glad God is in control, and not us!

Boolit Grand Master

I was once in a Church (and a good one, too) that had plans to build a 2Million building and had 1M in the bank. At a Church business meeting a lot of people had arguments about if we should do anything yet. Land had already been purchased. One of the guys (this was in New Hampshire) mentioned that if he sat in his boat and moved his wheel in any direction, for how many times, nothing happened. Once he turned on his engine on and started moving it only took his little finger to direct the boat. God mostly doesn't move us but wants us to move and directs our movements. When we pay attention to God we have no question what direction in which to move, once we get started. When we sit and stew we wonder what to do.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Moderator Emeritus

Amen, Wayne! Great analogies! Thanks.