Snyders JerkyRepackboxInline FabricationWideners
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Titan Reloading Lee Precision

Thread: Reloading tool Identification help

Reloading tool Identification help

I purchased the lot listed below and was wondering if anyone can help me with the hand tool that looks like a shotgun shell crimper?

https://www.etsy.com/transaction/1433325028

Attachment 220109

Thanks!
    Alex
    AlexAkai

Boolit Master
    The link doesn't work for me, but the hand tool in the picture is a shotshell tool for depriming Berdan primed shotshells and re-priming them.
    Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

sorry about the link but i appreciate the reply, I got the whole lot for $35, not sure what I am going to do with the box of UMC primers

Attachment 220143
    AlexAkai

Boolit Master
    The rule of thumb with primers that old is: “If they aren’t corrosive, they’re mercuric.” If mercuric, a lot of them will be duds as well.

Looks like somebody tried to put the handle for a Lyman/Ideal lubrisizer or primer pocket scraper on that boolit mould. What is the caliber, if I may ask?

There looks to be a bunch of NOS Tomlinson Cleaners there. They were used to scrape the lead out of shotgun barrels before the advent of shot cups. I guess they could be used to scrape the melted plastic from the cups out of the barrels now.

I think that little aluminum-handled screwdriver is a S&W factory accessory. I got one in an otherwise empty S&W box and was told it is a red-hot Collector’s Item with S&W fans. Haven’t tested this out by trying to sell it, though.

Is that square thing on the lower left a magazine for a rifle or pistol?

You certainly got $35 worth of Stuff there, if you can find a use for it.

Boolit Master

Ihe square thing is what I believe is a magazine for a Remington model 742
    Sometimes it takes a second box of boolits to clear my head.
    Feed back thread http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...?261449-jeepyj

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bent Ramrod View Post
    The rule of thumb with primers that old is: “If they aren’t corrosive, they’re mercuric.” If mercuric, a lot of them will be duds as well.

Looks like somebody tried to put the handle for a Lyman/Ideal lubrisizer or primer pocket scraper on that boolit mould. What is the caliber, if I may ask?

There looks to be a bunch of NOS Tomlinson Cleaners there. They were used to scrape the lead out of shotgun barrels before the advent of shot cups. I guess they could be used to scrape the melted plastic from the cups out of the barrels now.

I think that little aluminum-handled screwdriver is a S&W factory accessory. I got one in an otherwise empty S&W box and was told it is a red-hot Collector’s Item with S&W fans. Haven’t tested this out by trying to sell it, though.

Is that square thing on the lower left a magazine for a rifle or pistol?

You certainly got $35 worth of Stuff there, if you can find a use for it.
    You are correct in saying that the small screwdriver is a S&W item. They were in every new handgun box that S&W sold for many years. They were included with a small aluminum cleaning rod and a bore swab. I had over a hundred of these at one time that I received at the S&W schools I attended plus from the new service revolvers we got in to issue to our LEO personnel. I still have them in all of my gun boxes. We would drill a hole in the handle and carry one on the keychain. Later David
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

thanks guys! The mold is an Ideal 3118, just cast some boolits with it the other day, the come out clean. I posted some of this stuff in the swappin and sellin if anyone is interested.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	il_570xN.1485386762_d8qr.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	78.0 KB 
ID:	220583
    AlexAkai