Reloading EverythingLoad DataLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingWidenersRepackbox
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forklift battery cells

Boolit Master
    Ammonia and iodine... that takes me back to high school. We mixed some of that in class and let it dry for next days experiment. The next day we found out the police were called overnight by the janitor due to noises coming from that room.
    Plata o plomo?
    Plomo, por favor!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
    Yeah but you are weird (in a good way but still weird) I only paid enough attention to understand how to make "interesting" stuff. Like ammonia and iodine Or everyone's favorite mole and ground hornet remover. 2 KNO3 + S + 3 C
    I got suspended from school for 3 days for making ammonium tri-iodide! I then went on to spend 32.5 years in a chemistry lab. I must have learned something from that 3 day suspension!

Moderator Emeritus

We made that, soaked small squares of paper in it then scattered then in the hallway. They dried then next class they got stepped on... didn't get caught LOL

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    We did lots of fun stuff back then, even made Butyl Mercaptan (like skunk oil only longer chain of Carbon's with the stinky Sulfur stuck on the end.) Man you can get in trouble & have fun with that stuff. Armstrong's is fun too, make Necco Mint sized caps in paper holders then toss them like a frisbee. (A one way, LOUD frisbee...) Hits & goes Bang, nicely.

Boolit Master

I should've paid more attention in science class, sounds like I missed out on a lot of fun.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

Boolit Bub
    Most of the lead in a battery is in the lead sulfate paste. This takes a little more than heating it up in a pot to get the lead out of it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12