Inline FabricationReloading EverythingPBcastcoRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Lee Precision Repackbox
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's your least picky 22? (accuracy wise)

Banned
    The least picky .22 rifle I have ever owned, bar none, is an old Browning Trombone. Any ammo you care to name, it wouldn't shoot it worth a !£$" not nohow. All were treated with equal contempt, thrown to the for corners of the earth like a spray and pray fanatic.

Boolit Master
    It would have to be any of my 39a's. They load, fire, and eject, anything I load in the magazine.

Boolit Master
    My CZ455 American is the least picky. Automatch, RWS, Federal Gold Match, CCI SV, even Golden Bullets. Some group better than others as they should, but CCI SV is the most consistent performer across my 22's.

Boolit Buddy
    Taurus 62 - but it does have open sights. Very accurate for what it is.

Believe it or not, mine is a CZ 512 22WMR. Never burps and shoots everything I stuff in it in the moa range as long as I do my part. It shoots 40 yr old CCI's , Federals 40gr, Hornady 30 gr ballistic tip, 45 gr Hornady self defense, into the same group at 50 yds. It clocks an honest 2000 fps with the Federal 40 gr FMJ!
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

I took the op to mean a .22 that could use .22 Short CB to CCI Stingers and everything in between. If we're talking hi velocity .22 Long Rifle ammo, my old Remington Nylon 66 ran flawlessly for 18 years and thousands upon thousands of rounds with no oil and no cleaning. The action cover was hiding a coal mine when I cleaned it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    I took the op to mean a .22 that could use .22 Short CB to CCI Stingers and everything in between. If we're talking hi velocity .22 Long Rifle ammo, my old Remington Nylon 66 ran flawlessly for 18 years and thousands upon thousands of rounds with no oil and no cleaning. The action cover was hiding a coal mine when I cleaned it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    I miss mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ruger 10/22. It wouldn't shoot anything well. Sold it to my county sheriff. I hope he's forgotten where he got it by now.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Buddy
    I have quite a few 22s that do well but my Henry Golden Boy shoots anything I run through it well. I've modified the rear sight insert to a peep and am amazed how well the thing does with CCI mini mags, standard velocity LR, shorts and CB shorts. A scope would really help me but I think I'll put a Skinner peep on it instead.

Boolit Master

Easy pick for me my CZ 455 is my best shooting 22 rifle in pistol my
    Ruger mark 2
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Grand Master

Good evening
    We have an old Savage bolt single shot that shoots everything we have tried to a mediocre group of 3-4 inches at 25 yards. But it is always the same whether clean or crumbed up. Facinating old well worn rifle.
    Mike in Peru
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Bub
    Ruger MKII

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Quote Originally Posted by tazman View Post
    I have an old Winchester model 72a bolt action. It likes everything. It does a bit better with target grade ammo but shoots minute of squirrel head at 50 yards with every type of ammo I have tried in it.
    Same here for long gun. M&P semi for the wife. Easy pull onslide and eats jusr about anything I can stuff in the mags.

Worst is the Rossi 6 revolver. Very picky about diameter of cart. Some 22’s will not even seat all the way in!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by TCFAN View Post
    My least picky 22 rifle is my Savage Anschutz model 54 sporter. Bought it new in 1968 and have been shooting it ever since. It will do 1 inch at 50 yards with about any 22 ammo that I can find and with the stuff it really likes will do 1 inch or less at 100 yards all day long.

Beautiful rifle. My Dad had one for many years when I was a kid but traded it off after I was on my own. Was a tack driver also. When Dad starts talking about selling any guns nowdays I just buy them lol.
    Marlin 39A is the current .22 King.

Banned

a simple li'l crickett. shoots anything i feed it and hits drink cans at 50yds.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03212.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	16.9 KB 
ID:	220331

Boolit Master

My Ruger 10" bbl MKIII.
    It shoots it all well and never had a fail to fire or function.
    Even with the steel cased Russian ammo.
    I think it was called Junior....dale

Boolit Buddy
    My very ugly S&W K 22 still makes me think there is something wrong with all my other guns. If I could just find a way to cast and handload for it I would be set.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Papercidal View Post
    My very ugly S&W K 22 still makes me think there is something wrong with all my other guns. If I could just find a way to cast and handload for it I would be set.
    I probably should have posted this in the rimfire gate instead of Molds...
    there is a system for reloading them

But there was not a quality mold just the one in the kit it is also the crimper... right now there is a N.O.E. group buy for a .223-38 RN that has the necessary crimp shank... only three more sign ups needed...

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-22-reloading)

I am in for one but it will be for a PCP rifle not powder.

The .22 that digested the most differing ammo with accuracy was a friends dads... A Beretta Super sport.

I was most accurate with Dad's Remmy 512 but the rule was 1150 fps ammo or less... The Winnie T-22 was very accurate in the early 70's not so good when I went back home in the 80's...

Boolit Master
    I have several nice very accurate rimfire rifles, but the least picky is a synthetic stocked Marlin 981T. That pfugley thing will put just about anything you stuff down the magazine tube into an inch or under at 50 yards, most around three quarters. It don't like Stingers though.
    I've got a 541T, two custom 10/22s, and two new model T-Bolts that will just about put them in the same hole, but only with ammo they like. I swear you could pick out 5 different bulk pack ammo, mix them in a bag and shoot a 3/4 inch group at 50 yards with that 981T more often than not. It's the barn and loaner rifle as well.

Boolit Master
    Just posting an observation along this topic. I was building up a 1022 squirrel gun. I shot the rifle several times with some old Federal bulk HP and it ran arround 5/8 to 3/4 for 5@50. Then tried some newer federal with poor results 1 1/2 @50. Same with other bulk stuff, always 1 or 2 opened the group from decent to yuck! Got to wondering and swapped in a bolt I had set the headspace on. The groups were not as good as the old Federal but the fliers virtually disappeared! The old Federal shot the same and the rifle became notably less picky. It already had a Green Mountain barrel and was bedded in a Ruger walnut sporter stock. I never thought to put the original bolt back in to confirm, just set the headspace and threw it in the other gun. The other gun continued to shoot as it had with its original bolt.
    Wondering if others have noticed this. Seems cheap ammo is more consistent with minimum headspace. In this large sample of ONE anyhow.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast