Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationWidenersLee PrecisionRepackbox
Load Data Titan Reloading

Thread: off grid projects.. 12Vdc, 20in fan.

Banned

off grid projects.. 12Vdc, 20in fan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6bjEOg426I

this is my latest toy that i put together out of parts i got from scrap dealer. might have 2$ in the entire fan.. not sure what motor this is, all i know it was in a scrap motor bin and has a worm gear cut on the shaft. i had to make an adapter so i could put the blade on it.

but it works pretty well as ya can see. the video doesn't show the power too good, but you can feel the air at over 12ft away no problem. should be great for trade day at the park or selling things at a flea market in the hot weather. also will work on my battery backup that i use to run the house when the power goes out. being it only draws around 16.44Watts/1.37A off the battery it should last a good long while. draws a lot less than the puny 12Vdc fans that i have seen for upwards of 150$. the last 12Vdc 20in fan i seen drew 73Watts, or around 6A-7A off the batteries. too dang inefficient if you ask me. a good example of go back and redesign the power greedy ***.

the batteries in the box are two Duracell AGM 20Ah Deep Cycle batteries that i got for scrap price, paid around 5$ each. im going to hook both of them together as a portable battery for 40Ah. should give me a good 29-30 hours of run time off the two batteries.. should last long enough for a full weekend at trade day or a few days at a flea market if i only run it 8 hours each time.

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Pretty slick M98.