Reloading EverythingInline FabricationWidenersRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Repackbox Titan Reloading

Thread: Chiappa 9 mm Flobert shotgun

Boolit Master

Chiappa 9 mm Flobert shotgun

Just saw one of these in a LGS, very light break-open that almost folds double when opened. I've long had an interest in these low cost garden guns but all that make it to these shores have been way over-priced but I had hope that this new one would be affordable, I'd cheerfully pay $150 or so, the shop had it tagged at $270. Just can't see that! Odd thing is, Chiappa's web site doesn't mention this chambering at all but I've seen mention of them in England. Anyone else seen these, maybe at a better price?

No, sorry. But you might want to consider a Contender with a shot shell barrel.

The trouble is that the 9mm Flobert shotshell is rimfire too and costly to buy. (I think that Fiocchi is one of the few that offers it and it is pricey for a box of 50!)

I have a really nice little Belgian made SxS hammer double chambered in .44-40 WCF shot that is a hoot to shoot and reloadable. (It IS actually short chambered for the .44-40 WCF shotshell, not for the 2 1/2" or the even shorter European "12mm" / 2" .410 ... she's in .44-40 shot ...)

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

I think no Russian guns are being imported but Century Arms had bolt action single shots that
    were nice guns. I guess they are popular in far north for birds. I had one for awhile and shot a
    box of shells before I traded it. I forget the price of ammo but it was stiff.