RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataWideners
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication Titan Reloading
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Thoughts on my retirement

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Butchman205 View Post
    Congrats to all of you who retired, and those that can’t...hang in there.

There’s a HUGE push in the foundries world to try and retain more of the “knowledge” that’s leaving the industry every time one of you retires. Virtual reality programs, and “mixed reality” viewers are the new thing. With the goggles on, you can walk through a plant, see what info you guys gave them, in relation to machines, equipment, and processes.
    It's estimated 50,000 utility workers in the NW left or will leave their jobs through retirement between 2015 and 2020. Most of their employers when asked about their knowledge and experience said "Don't let the door hit you on the way out".
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by BrassMagnet View Post
    My personal opinion is the Casita is the best out there for small trailers.
    It looks like two fiberglass boat hulls glued together so no siding coming loose and no need to re-caulk the roof every year or two to prevent leaks.
    They are factory direct so no dealers, no used Casitas at dealers, and every one is built to order. They hold value well. Made in Rice, TX.
    We drive by the Casita factory pretty regularly. It always puts a smile on my face to see all of those cute little trailers lined up around the plant.

As with some of the other posts, for 18-1/2 years I had a job that I really loved and it paid for a lot of things I enjoyed. I flew RC airplanes, traveled to events on the other side of the country, bought the guns I wanted, shot a LOT of USPSA matches, had a sailboat and raced it some until Katrina took it away. Business changed and the last year and a half I had to work away from home, pretty much lost my entire life. Was put under a new employee that had no ethical or moral compass and thought he was God. I had enough and had no desire to work for anyone else. The stock market had been very good to me, we live well within our means and I have plenty to do in retirement. One of my goals 30 years ago was to be like this older gentleman that spent most of his mornings at the RC field helping others; especially newer RC pilots. We decided to move closer to family and once that move is completed I will be where I wanted to be in life.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345