Load DataRotoMetals2RepackboxReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyInline FabricationLee Precision
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Remington "Ramset" .32 RF Blanks

Remington "Ramset" .32 RF Blanks

This was from my Grandpa-in-law's estate. They have been sitting on my shelf collecting dust for near 20 years. I am cleaning things out.

I have the Remington Power Nailer along with both .22 & .32 barrels and boxes of nails, along with a big box of different power level blank ammo of both 22 and 32 blanks, all Remington. The cartridges do not have the crimp like some that I have seen.

A question or two before I stick these in the yard sale this summer.

Do the folks that have .32 rimfire use these blanks to make their cartridges?
    How can I ship them?

It fills no need for me, although I did blow a few nails in concrete just for fun.

We who are shooting .32 rimfires are using adapters made from .32 S&W brass, and use .22 caliber Ramset charges with a 90 grain 299153 bullet. I prefer #2 power level. The #3 is a little bit too powerful except in strong actions, and #4 is too much for any action. A #1 charge makes a fine subsonic plinker.

For myself, I have never seen a .32 nailgun, nor do I know anything about charges for one. I'd give old stuff like this a pass. New Ramset charges are cheap and I know what I'm getting.
    Cognitive Dissident

Here is a picture. Remington calls their stud driver a Power Mate, not Ramset. I believe Ramset is a brand name.

Interesting. Like I said, I have never seen that kind before, and I'm old enough the remember when Eisenhower was elected. Yes, Ramset is a trade name, althought it's becoming generic, like Scotch Tape. It would be interesting to empty those out and load them with a known safe charge of powder and the proper bullet, but it would be a dead-end experiment. Remington doesn't make them anymore.
    Cognitive Dissident

I'd destroy them, instead of selling them - especially in a yard sale, since someone (kid or adult) that doesn't know squat about them could harm themselves or others (like making a pipe bomb from the explosive powder they contain).

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride