WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Load DataRepackboxLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice on pressure washers

I bought a Generac at Menards. I really like it so far. I wanted one that was gas and had a reservoir for cleaners. And it had variable pressure settings. 3 on the motor and 3 different tips. I can vouch for mine.
    Do the best you can, with what you've got, where you're at. -Theodore Roosevelt

I owned a self service car wash so I know something about pumps. First buy a HONDA gas engine. Second buy a HONDA gas engine. If you do not want to buy a Honda gas engine, then do not by a pressure washer. More money but they work. Next I used Cat pumps but now I am sure others are good. Pay a little more get a lot more. Change the oil every year, no matter how much you use it. It will last and last. Next pressure is not everything. Figure a factor of 3 or 4, i like 4. 1500 psi times 2 gallons per minute gives a factor of 3. 1500 psi times 2.7 gallons per minute gives you a factor of +4. Or 2000 psi times 2 gallons per minute gives a factor of 4. You can adjust more pressure less gallons or less pressure more gallons. I like more pressure less gallons. Less water used. You can fine tune with different size nozzles. Biggger nozzles lowers the pressure so you do not cut wood on your deck or strip paint off your car. These are not toys. I had a woman that was going to wash her kid in my self serve bay. Told her it was not safe, and she did not believe me. Had her hold held hand out and spray it with the wand about 5 inches away, then asked her hows that feel? Do you still want to use it on you child? She then understood.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    I bought a Honda at Sams Club probably 15 years ago - never had a problem with it and used it whenever I needed to pressure wash anything - decks, siding, machinery, etc. It started every time and just kept doing a good job. When my wife and I moved into a condo last year from our house of 40 + years, I didn't really have any use for it so gave it to a neighbor where we had lived. It is still serving him well.

I can't speak for any other brands as I've never used anything but the Honda. One thing to remember is if you lie in a cold climate - make sure your hoses, pump, etc. are drained when you put it away for the winter.