WidenersInline FabricationReloading EverythingLee Precision
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 50 new Marines...time for a break!

Boolit Master

50 new Marines...time for a break!

Last Friday, Kilo Company graduated a whole mess of new Marines. 50 were trained by me and the team of Drill Instructors I was with. Now it’s time to enjoy some time off. I haven’t been shooting since January so I think I’ll start with a day at the range. Got me a new to me Nickle plated S&W model 27 to shoot. Got some new knives to take to the woods as well.

I reckon I’ll be a beach bum too, and work on my tan.

Boolit Master

Just remembering my boot, I can't imagine the amount of time and energy invested by the DI's. Enjoy your well deserved down time. Nickle Plated? What are you pimpin' now? LOL

Boolit Master

Lovelife
    Never was a Marine but went through Army Airborne basic and AIT, never ran so much in my life. Went through the confidence course at the end of AIT and had to go get a friend that froze 40 feet in the air on the logs, went up and walked backwards through the rest of course with him so he could get through and pass. Those were the days, seems like a lifetime ago now as it was over 47 years ago now. Now I am an old man with lots of reminds of my time in the military. Enjoy your break and thank you for your service and also training the next batch of veterans what it means to be an American.
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Boolit Grand Master

Thanks for another batch of men trained LL. Hope the gnats aren’t too thick just yet down there.

Boolit Master
    Good to hear you are getting some down time. You are still missed at NCBS.

I wish that every High School Graduate, he's & she's alike had a 'mandatory opportunity' of attending a Marine Boot Camp before they were let loose in life to pursue college or whatever their dreams entail...and for those drop outs...they have a weeks time to say 'goodbye to friends and family' & show up at Paris Island or Hollywood!

Either way...it's time to start putting some 'bark' on our kids before they enter life!

Thanks for your service Marine...

Semper Fi
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Master

LL how many hours a week do you put in as a DI? Just curious.

Boolit Master
    100 +

I reckon I’ll be a beach bum too, and work on my tan. Don't forget the insect repellent too.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master
    Already slathered up. I’m blue crab fishing right now!!

Boolit Master
    Visited around Thanksgiving. Had to see where my Dad and oldest son spent time.... I couldn't due to medical reasons....

Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master
    I read this post and all I can think about is Full Metal Jacket, Lee Ermey, God rest his soul.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    100 +
    Holy Buckets, thats a bunch even if your young! Hope you get plenty of down time before the next cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom W. View Post
    Visited around Thanksgiving. Had to see where my Dad and oldest son spent time.... I couldn't due to medical reasons....

There was a time when stepping off those yellow footprints meant certain death! My first memory was immediately after arriving...standing in front of the barber shop...the barber ask me, "You wanna keep those sideburns boy?" I nodded...he said..."Catch em!"
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Master
    I was born at Camp Lejeune, and spent most of my life there...

Last edited by Tom W.; 05-06-2018 at 11:23 PM.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master

The yellowfeet
    Don't buy nuthing you can't take home

Joel 3:10

Boolit Master
    Congrats! to ya for your 1st platoon of Marines moved on.

Get a good vacation, because you will likely have 7 more platoons to go if ya don't get "Overlaps", &/or go to a "collateral duty" like being an instructor at the Swimming Pool, or something like that.

I am looking forward to hearing that you have made, "Heavy" and then your winning the guidon at the Series 1st Drill Competition. ( If they still do that anymore...)
    [The one(PLT 3021) I have for winning our series competition, is signed by all the recruits of the platoon & resides along with my last DI cover on the wall as a memento of former times.]

Thanks for sharing your updates on occasion, as it is nice for folks to know a bit about your doins, as well as for fellers like me that spent a tour or more on the "grinder" at P.I. ( or S.D.).

I also miss fishing for blue crabs. Still have the net in the garage after all these years. Lost the shrimp casting net somewhere along the lines, but that long handled net is still around.
    Have fun eating!

Semper Fi! Marine!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master
    This was my third platoon. I was the heavy this cycle. I’m a SDI next cycle.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    This was my third platoon. I was the heavy this cycle. I’m a SDI next cycle.
    Well, I stand corrected. Time flies, I reckon. Here I was still thinking you were through with the 1st..

Forget about it. LOL

Congrats anyway! & I hope the crabs were delicious!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master
    I’m not sure which was worse. My 4th hat or my heavy cycle, lol. Both were pretty much lights to lights the whole way through, lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast