RepackboxLoad DataLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication Wideners

Thread: 480 Loads with 415gr Keith Style

Boolit Grand Master

480 Loads with 415gr Keith Style

Have been shooting my 480 Ruger more and more. Really enjoy the big boy thump and would venture to guess that this is way more handgun than I’ll ever need. It’s a sizeable increase in power over my all time favorite 41 Mag.

When looking over load data I came across a 415gr Keith style boolit mold, made by Arsenal Molds, that I haven’t seen offered in my other typical mold brands of MP and NOE. Have a few accurate moods as well but haven’t ventured over to their catalog. After a search of Arsenal Molds decided to go ahead and make a purchase.

Anyone use this boolit and if so, what loads are you using? I have a SRH and SBH that I’ll be launching it out of.

Hi Doc,

If you don't get more specific data, you can extrapolate Hodgdon data. They take a gas check LFN bullet of 420 grains up to 1200 fps w/ H110, and go midrange w/ Longshot and Titegroup.

Take care, Tom

Boolit Bub
    I have 2 Arsenal molds. They are great molds. He’ll make a custom mold for you if you need or want one. I’ve been thinking about a WFN in 405 to 420 weight in .480 caliber.

Boolit Grand Master

Thanks for the advice guys. I just wasn’t really familiar with them and IIRC, there was a “history” there. I also wasn’t sure if anyone had tried that mold. I’ll definitely post some follow ups onnit.

Boolit Grand Master

Well. The mold preheated just fine and dropped them nice and easy and I was able to get into a nice rhythm. Unfortunately they are throwing a touch light and undersized. The 476 RCBS die barely skimmed the sides and more times than not left the base driving band with a thin layer of wax due to being undersized. They were running 400-401gr sized and lubed with CR using COWW and a touch of tin.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6956CCCF-CF70-480C-8FBA-DFA3E30F46EA.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	220674