RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingRepackboxLee Precision
Load DataWidenersReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did you have a drug problem?

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Newboy View Post
    You were DRAGGED to school! You were not DRUG, unless it had to do with pharmaceuticals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Wound kinda tight today aren't you? If you read the op's post you will see its a play on words.
    Get a grip
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master

After reading through this thread, a person would get the idea that all you have to do is beat and force your child into submission and all will be well. That of course is not the truth.

The way to raise a child is by setting a good example and firmly, but lovingly correcting infractions. Physical punishments are not needed for an older child. It's just as easy to take away privileges and not as humiliating to the kid.

I have known families that made sure their kids were at church whenever the doors were open. This isn't a fool-proof tactic. Many of those kids stopped going to church completely once they left their parents' homes. Some lived like the devil.

Boolit Grand Master

Lowes sells a copy of the board of education in the paint dept. It's the 5 gal size for 50c ea. The ones my Wife and Daughter display, have a smiley drawn on one side and a frown on the other. Included are Bible verses that order it's use.
    When needed they ask me to pick out the useful ones with the correct grain pattern.
    As a child, Dad left a wild cherry sprout for me to choose good boy limbs from. It seldom gained any growth till I became a teen. He could quote something from the Bible for every occasion and then apply the switch I had cut. One of his favorites had the words "spare" and "spoil" in it. I imagine many of you have heard it repeated also.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

I repeated the saying to mom Sunday, she thought a moment, chuckled and said 'I guess it worked'.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master

I didn't get the switch or the "Swat PADDLE". My DAD used a rolled up newspaper, same as he used on the dogs. Something Freudian there, Maybe I'll ask a SHRINK someday, if I ever need one.

I remember back in the day's in the Los Angeles CITY School system, the Boy's Vice Principal had a paddle on a nail up on the wall behind his desk. It got used too.

But then they combined the LA CITY School System with the LA COUNTY School System. LA unified was born. I think today we might think back and say it was stillborn.

The dress code was gone & so was any kind of discipline. We went from 6 periods to 5 periods. Graduation requirements were halved.

And the DECLINE of the FANTASTIC CALIFORNIA SCHOOL SYSTEM STARTED. WE WERE #1 in 1965 to 49th in 2015. Thank you, nanny brown.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Looks like somebody else needs to be 'drugged'. Not only students dumbed down but teachers too.
    https://www.tennessean.com/story/new...lle/594204002/
    New science teacher didn't do the homework. And starting pay is $52K?
    Whatever!

Boolit Grand Master

Today's new teachers were well indoctrinated and are typical millennials. They don't know and are failing to teach basics which were unknown at the student's homes also. Just think, they will/are becoming the rulers of tomorrow.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12