Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2RepackboxSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Wideners Lee Precision
Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: CLOSED - MIHEC 300 Blackout 311-230 GRN hollow point 4C HP and 6C Solid

I'm A Honcho!
    I’m going to beg him to prioritize this one to the top. Sorry for the delay.
    You never know how you rank amongst men 'til you have seen what will break another man.
    The original "Bluejay" US Army/ US Navy 1945-1970.

CLOSED - MIHEC 300 Blackout 311-230 GRN hollow point 4C HP and 6C Solid

Quote Originally Posted by Gamsek View Post
    Add another one for me, please
    gamsek at icloud dot com

4cav Solid brass, .311”, PB
    While checking the status of this GB with Miha please double check about penta pins,
    last time I talked to him he mentioned penta pins are not possible - meplat to small, same story as with his wonderful 311-180 Sil. (One set of pins, 3cav brass HP moulds). We will be lucky if he will made us 2 sets of pins (long,short) like in his 311-410. It was worth waiting for all of his moulds, so patience...

Per Post#219, please add me for:
    4cav solid brass, .311” PB,
    Last edited by Gamsek; 07-06-2019 at 09:38 PM.

***sigh***

how did the begging go?

Vendor Sponsor

Crickets......
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

I'm A Honcho!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke4320 View Post
    Crickets......
    With fingers crossed ����
    You never know how you rank amongst men 'til you have seen what will break another man.

Quote Originally Posted by bluejay75 View Post
    With fingers crossed ����
    What does that mean?

I'm A Honcho!
    Emoji didn’t come thru. Crossed fingers.

Boolit Buddy
    I think the better question is...What does "crossed fingers" mean? Does that mean we are close? There's movement on the pins? Or same status as previously. Which is fine. Would just be good to know.

I'm A Honcho!
    There are a lot of options with this mold. Each slows production. NLG GC and pins are slowing this one. By my estimates we are looking 4-6 weeks.

Boolit Buddy
    Cool. 4-6 weeks puts it right on the cusp of being in time for deer season if one was so inclined.

Quote Originally Posted by Landshark9025 View Post
    Cool. 4-6 weeks puts it right on the cusp of being in time for deer season if one was so inclined.
    That would be nice, but don't bet your deer season on it. This mold was "estimated" to be 45 days out 11 months ago. And estimated to be 30-45 days out nearly six months ago. In theory, Miha was machining the blocks back in December. Now it's still 4-6 weeks out? Really?

Also keep in mind that this mold ran once before for over for over two years and was finally killed, along with some others, after being unable to get a status update from Mihec. Seems to me that everyone, including Mihec, would be better off if he would post a realistic estimated production schedule and keep it updated rather than leave people hanging, guessing, and asking for over a year. This buy alone represents 70 people who have given a commitment to purchase around $8K of molds, and from all appearances ( or rather, lack of appearance ) Mihec is projecting the image that he doesn't care. Amazing.

I'm still (back) in this buy because it is the only realistic option for a cast 300 BLK sub hunting bullet and I do hope it gets produced some day. But I no longer have any expectations. And this will be my last group buy from Mihec.

Boolit Master

JimP I'm pretty much in the same boat as you are. I'll stay in this one but it will be my last.

Banned

I am still good with waiting on Miha

Quote Originally Posted by jmort View Post
    I am still good with waiting on Miha
    You have made that clear, and that's fine. Many people feel that Mihec molds are so good that they'll wait an infinite amount of time for one with no promise, no updates, and no guarantees. They're willing to commit to spend $100 or so, with no commitment at all from the other party. That's fine if that's the way you roll.

I look at it as if I were on the other end of the deal. If I had 70 people waiting on me, wanting to give me $8,000 for my product for over a year, I couldn't sleep at night. I certainly wouldn't ignore them. So on this side of the deal, I'm not too happy. Seems to me that we're being taken for granted. What am I missing?

Boolit Master
    I really doubt he is ignoring us. I just think there are realities of running a one man shop doing gun stuff in Europe that we can’t even begin to imagine.

I was in the previous buy that was cancelled so I went into this one with no expectations. Life will go on regardless.
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.

Boolit Master

I’m with Elkins45 on this, it’s been said many times if you want to go in on a group buy be ready to wait. Honestly the way I feel about it is that if i have to have this mold right now then I should find a similar one from somewhere else that is in stock. I will wait for two more years if I have to because this fills a nitche for me that no other mold will fill as well.
    90% professional 10% mature

Quote Originally Posted by sutherpride59 View Post
    I’m with Elkins45 on this, it’s been said many times if you want to go in on a group buy be ready to wait. Honestly the way I feel about it is that if i have to have this mold right now then I should find a similar one from somewhere else that is in stock. I will wait for two more years if I have to because this fills a nitche for me that no other mold will fill as well.
    Apparently I didn't get my point across very well. It's not the wait per se. It's the utter indifference of the mold maker to the people who are waiting. It would take literally five minutes per week to set expectations. A single post with his expected schedule, updated weekly. Or a "sorry, here's what's happening." That would save literally hundreds of people wondering, sending pms, asking for status, etc. Just common courtesy and good business practice. I don't understand why that's too much to ask, or why people here have such low expectations.

FWIW, I came into this buy with no experience in Mihec GBs, six weeks after the first "30-45 days" estimate which was almost a year ago. Maybe I was naive, but I assumed that if a honcho posted "30-45 days" it meant something like 30-45 days, and I was actually counting on the mold for hunting season. I now realize that the honcho's estimates are just wishful thinking. It's clear now that the mold maker doesn't even respond to the guy who's donating hours of his own time for free to give the mold maker $8K in business. I don't understand the love.

I'm A Honcho!
    From Miha,

“blackout is in test phase - if all goes to plan it will be out after august 20”

Quote Originally Posted by bluejay75 View Post
    From Miha,

“blackout is in test phase - if all goes to plan it will be out after august 20”
    Thanks! And I hope you don't think I was criticizing you. You guys put in a lot of hard work for no money and little thanks.

Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast