Titan ReloadingLoad DataLee PrecisionWideners
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
RotoMetals2
Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: CLOSED - MIHEC 300 Blackout 311-230 GRN hollow point 4C HP and 6C Solid

Banned

I think the way he hollow points with the floating pins an aluminum mold would just take so much care when closing it to avoid damage that it just wouldn't hold up in the long run. Even my lbt molds don't hold up much better then a lee 6 cav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke4320 View Post
    I did not see an option for a 4 cavity HP aluminum mold Did I miss something

Banned

aint my first rodeo. I was probably buying his molds before you even started casting. don't need sarcasim from someone with 376 posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by sutherpride59 View Post
    Seriously, he offers them In Aluminum lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    I think the way he hollow points with the floating pins an aluminum mold would just take so much care when closing it to avoid damage that it just wouldn't hold up in the long run. Even my lbt molds don't hold up much better then a lee 6 cav.
    I was wondering the same thing and assumed similarly that the aluminum wouldn’t like the pins somehow. Maybe they are feared to gall? Too bad as I much prefer an aluminum mold. I bet he could sleeve the pin holes with steel or brass if he wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    don't need sarcasim [sic] from someone with 376 posts.
    Just curious...how many posts would a person need to engage in sarcasm? Obviously I'm nowhere close, but it may be a goal to shoot for.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JimP View Post
    Just curious...how many posts would a person need to engage in sarcasm? Obviously I'm nowhere close, but it may be a goal to shoot for.
    I would say it gets dicey with anyone that has more than 2x or 3x your post count, but it obviously depends on the personalities. Lots of sarcasm in the pit, a more collegial atmosphere is cultivated across the rest of the site.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Possumcop View Post
    Just wondering what the chances would be of completing this buy as a slick sided powder/Hi Tec coated only mold?

My original order was for a traditional lube, four hole, HP with no GC, but I'd probably end up powder coating 'em anyway.

After seeing Miha's photos of destroyed cherries, I'd be willing to change my order to a slick side if it'd allow him to complete the order faster.
    Any support for this idea, or am I alone on this one?
    Back on track here. This is a good suggestion and I would be in favor of. Is there an option to do this in waves?

1. All slick sided, shipped with all pins except Penta
    2. Lube groove version when those are worked out
    3. Penta pins ship when those come in

That would get about 30 of them shipped which is more than the original cutoff to close.

I'd be willing to throw in an extra $5 to cover the additional cost of shipping the Penta pins separately to get the main mold now.

I have an extended Christmas break coming up, so it's the perfect time for me to work up a new load in my 300 BO.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JimP View Post
    For some reason Lloyd denigrates users based on post count whenever they point out an inconsistency in his thinking.

I've been on ignore for a couple of years after pointing out several physical impossibilities regarding friction in bullet coatings, but I was also treated to a haranguing over an arbitrarily insufficient post count. So I'd say you have a ways to go!

Banned

Now you make a personal attack saying I make personal attacks. You weren't even in this discussion. You just came to stir the pot. Ive been on this fourm since its inception and have had hassles with maybe 3 or 4 people in 20 years. Your in select company. Ask anyone that's been here 10 or 15 years if I know what im talking about and what they think of me. Jimb hit on something that's been the way on here since its inception. We get new guys that know it all and trolls all the time. A year later there gone. Post count does have some merit and is a legit measure or at least about as good as it gets. Not many with over 5k are trouble makers or posers because they get weeded out before then. But theres guys with a couple thousand posts that sit back and learn and share knowledge they have learned here. Theres people with 10k and those for the most part have proved there worth listening to and sure aren't trouble makers or they would be long gone. whats comical is when theres some self proclaimed expert with a few hundred posts that's been casting a year or two pretending to know it all and that think when they speak everyone should sit up and listen. Even if you've been casting for 45 years! Ive learned a lot on here and still learn all the time. Im very open minded and have learned things from guys with low post counts. Like with pc coating. Something none of us knew much about. But when someone pretends to be a know it all and has an ego as big as a bus with a year or two of casting in his lee pot comes along I tend to laugh them off. Sorry ehcd if you are intimidated by some on here that have spilled more lead on the floor then you've casted. Time to put you back on ignore because you haven't learned yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Echd View Post
    For some reason Lloyd denigrates users based on post count whenever they point out an inconsistency in his thinking.

I've been on ignore for a couple of years after pointing out several physical impossibilities regarding friction in bullet coatings, but I was also treated to a haranguing over an arbitrarily insufficient post count. So I'd say you have a ways to go!
    Last edited by Lloyd Smale; 11-12-2019 at 01:16 PM.

Boolit Master
    Somehow, I'll make it.

Let's get back on topic and away from insulting people over a meaningless number like a post count, or being triggered over the suggestions of newer members.

I am hoping to hear an update from Miha when he receives his new cherries. I watch this thread regularly in the hopes of the same. It is a shame that this design is so adept at eating tooling because I was also hoping to use it this year. While I have no intentions of withdrawing my spot on the list and will wait until it is finished, I am currently having good results from the NOE 225 grain slick side mold and I am hoping the load data will translate over fairly easily as the weights have been close.

I have also been experimenting with building homemade ballistic tips on a resin printer to insert in other subsonic bullets to get a reliably expanding 300BO cast bullet at low velocities. So far my results are mixed with the mihec 311-180 SIL, but mostly due to unreliable function based on the low weight.

It is discouraging that there are so few heavyweight 300 appropriate bullets available, but for those waiting for this mold, try the 310-225 from NOE.

I'm A Honcho!
    That’s awesome! Glad this resolved. I like and respect both of you guys opinions.
    You never know how you rank amongst men 'til you have seen what will break another man.
    The original "Bluejay" US Army/ US Navy 1945-1970.

IF we were to follow the suggestion for a slick sided bullet to be powdercoated, I would be ok with changing my order if needed, I am still in either way.

Boolit Master

I simply pointed out that he offers them in aluminum so like previously stated by others let’s just let it go and get back to business. If this design proves too difficult to produce is there a chance it could be altered to be made 220 or 210 and still feed well and also be more production friendly? I would sure hate to have the whole buy canexed.
    90% professional 10% mature

Boolit Master

Did invoices get sent out for this one? If so I didn’t receive one.
    Ill keep my guns money and freedom you keep the CHANGE!!!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by glockky View Post
    Did invoices get sent out for this one? If so I didn’t receive one.

Umm, no not that I'm aware of. Had a birthday yesterday, so another year older waiting on this one.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatliner View Post
    IF we were to follow the suggestion for a slick sided bullet to be powdercoated, I would be ok with changing my order if needed, I am still in either way.
    Agreed, me as well, I was planning on PC’ing either way

Boolit Master

I’m out if this one goes to no lube grooves.
    Ill keep my guns money and freedom you keep the CHANGE!!!

Boolit Mold

Please remove me from this buy.

I'm A Honcho!
    Quote Originally Posted by glockky View Post
    I’m out if this one goes to no lube grooves.
    It will have grooves.
    You never know how you rank amongst men 'til you have seen what will break another man.
    The original "Bluejay" US Army/ US Navy 1945-1970.

Vendor Sponsor

IMPORTANT! I will cut hollow points in 3 cavities only. 4 cavity is to heavy and cumbersome to work with.

www.mp-molds.com
    --------------------------------------
    If you want to win, you must not lose

Vendor Sponsor

Solid molds are finished. I need to box them. Expect e-mails in 2-3 days.

www.mp-molds.com
    --------------------------------------
    If you want to win, you must not lose

Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast