RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataWideners
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: CLOSED: REMAKE - MP Molds - 44 MAG Hollow Base Wadcutter

In Remembrance

CLOSED: REMAKE - MP Molds - 44 MAG Hollow Base Wadcutter

CLOSED
    Because this is a repeat mold, Miha has graciously decided to proceed with machining these molds.
    So, this group buy is now moved to the closed area. If you were on the fence about this one, please get in now. While Miha will likely make a few extras, you shouldn't just hope to get one that way.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In 2010, a LONG 8 years ago, and again in 2014, Miha offered this 44 magnum sized Hollow Base Wadcutter mold, and it sold out pretty quickly. People are still asking for this mold, and Miha's all set to run it again. He has the cherry in inventory to cut cavities. I made a horrible mistake a number of years ago, and sold my mold to one of the CB members. I have regretted it ever since.
    It will be a brass mold in two different cavity configurations, a two cavity mold and a four cavity mold. Since this is technically a "nose pour" mold, it's classified as a Hollow Point design with Cramer style pins. Therefore the minimum quantify for a "GO" on this buy is 25 molds. However, there is only ONE pin set for the mold, do NOT ask for custom pins sets. Discounted Group Buy price is 80.75 Euros for the 2 cavity version, and 114.75 Euros for the 4 cavity version For reference, this mold number is 432-395. Miha includes a top punch, and a sample of his special sprue plate lube, and an allen key, all at no additional charge.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	38 HBWC cela Copy-500x500.png 
Views:	460 
Size:	13.6 KB 
ID:	219808 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	38 HBWC prerez Copy-500x500.png 
Views:	496 
Size:	28.1 KB 
ID:	219809

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image_57628bc63035b_2 cav hollow point mold brass Copy Copy-500x500.png 
Views:	349 
Size:	74.8 KB 
ID:	219810 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MiHec Wadcutters.jpg 
Views:	430 
Size:	25.3 KB 
ID:	219835

Click images for a larger version

I'll need your info:
    1) CB Screen Name
    2) Quantity of this mold that you desire
    3) Disguised email address for invoicing purposes when the molds are ready
    4) Your ZIP CODE
    so that we can advise when molds are shipped (you'll be able to see that your mold is on the way)
    5) DHL shipping (three days door to door) is available on this buy IF you desire that option, it will be an additional 6 Euros added to your invoice, $6.83 (US) cost. Please advise, therefore, if you want to pay extra for the DHL shipping. Otherwise, anyone not specifying DHL shipping will have their molds shipped in the normal Postal System way, shipping is free with the mold for normal postal service shipping. Hope that's clear enough.
    6) If you buy a handle with this mold, Miha will offer the discounted $20 Euros for the handle set, and the handle will ship with the mold. So, please advise if you want a handle with your order.

This will be a brass mold, with two cavity options, 2 cavity and 4 cavity molds. Since this is technically a "nose pour" mold, it's classified as a Hollow Point design with Cramer style pins. Therefore the minimum quantity for a "GO" on this buy is 20 molds. However, there is only ONE pin set for the mold, do NOT ask for custom pins sets. Discounted Group Buy price is 80.75 Euros for the TWO cavity version, and 114.75 Euros for the FOUR cavity version. Hollow base pin, and blank pin is included in the price, and the price includes standard postal service delivery.

2 Cavity Cramer style "nose pour" brass mold, with Hollow base pin and blank pin, 80.75 Euros . DHL shipping is $8 (US) extra, and if you add a handle, when shipped with mold, is an extra 20 Euros. (It's a nice package deal with super fast shipping. )

1) Drm50 - (1) two cavity mold, morrisdan3006 at gmail dot com , 43716 Zip Code (WITH HANDLES)
    2) EMR - (1) two cavity mold - Emrivera1 at gmail dot com , 92705 Zip Code (WITH HANDLES)
    3) ArmoCaster77 - (1) two cavity mold, with hollow base and blank pins, armocaster77 at gmail dot com, 01906 zip code (no handles)
    4) weik - (1) two cavity mold, panshovelatlivedotcom, 84513 Zip Code (WITH HANDLES)
    5) Bruizer - (1) two cavity mold, bruizer dot br at gmail dot com, postal code B5A4C3
    6) georgerkahn - (1) two cavity mold, kahngr at potsdam dot edu , 13676 Zip Code (WITH HANDLES)
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)

4 Cavity Cramer style "nose pour" brass mold, with Hollow base pins only, 114.75 Euros . DHL shipping is $8 (US) extra, and if you add a handle, when shipped with mold, is an extra 20 Euros. (It's a nice package deal with super fast shipping. )

1) DukeInFlorida - (1) four cavity mold, with hollow base and blank pins, with DHL shipping, , instructor at floridareloading dot com, 32127 zip code
    2) Country Gent - (1) four cavity mold, with hollow base and blank pins, standard shipping, no handles, whkelly1 at aol dot com, 43558 zip code
    3) SvErD - (1) four cavity mold with hollow base pin and blank pin, NO Handles, Normal shipping, sveinDOTerikDOTdallandAToutlookDOTcom, Norway 5227 zip code
    4) jtarm - (1) four cavity mold with hollow base pin and blank pin, NO Handles, Normal shipping, jtcarm AT charter Dot net, 76126 Zip Code (WITH HANDLES)
    5) Plan IX - (1) four cavity mold with hollow base pin and blank pin, NO Handles, Normal shipping, Awebb at teamwebb dot net, 78240 Zip Code
    6) ventilator - (1) four cavity mold with hollow base pin and blank pin, with handles...... r dot nittritz at telus dot net, 98230 Zip Code
    7) thraxx - (1) four cavity mold with hollow base pin and blank pin, NO Handles, Normal shipping - vfluckey at midco dot net, 57110 Zip Code
    8) ohnomrbillk - (2) four cavity molds with hollow base pin and blank pin, NO Handles, Normal shipping, william dot kinderknecht at gmail dot com, 64468 Zip Code
    9) Lakehouse2012 - (1) four cavity mold with hollow base pin and blank pin - sorgatz at ameritech dot net, 48442 Zip Code
    10)
    11)
    CLOSED
    Last edited by DukeInFlorida; 10-01-2019 at 06:25 PM.

NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor

Author of a book on reloading
    ILSA MEMBER http://www.internationallawnsteelsho...ssociation.com
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Boolit Grand Master

What weight bullet is this? I'm interested in it for my 44-40 henry rifle as a target load.

Vendor Sponsor

Duke- according to my question of Miha on Sunday, he stated he could put 4-cav on an HP for 45-70. So I would think this 44 would be no problem for 4-cav and would get you to the required 100 pins, faster. I'd jump on this one, if it were 4-cav

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    All of these calibers have been run more recently than 2010, and in 4C too. I have the whole set.
    'Not saying it wouldn't be good to run them again, but they can be done in 4C if wanted.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...highlight=hbwc
    Last edited by Beagle333; 05-04-2018 at 05:56 AM.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

In Remembrance

Thanks for a link I could not find.
    Awaiting Miha's reply to the four cavity options for the bigger ones.
    His own site only shows these molds in my presented configurations.
    I did, inadvertently, leave out the 45 caliber version, which I will add now.

If he blesses the 4 cavity blocks for the bigger molds, then I'll need to get some pricing from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle333 View Post
    All of these calibers have been run more recently than 2010, and in 4C too. I have the whole set.
    'Not saying it wouldn't be good to run them again, but they can be done in 4C if wanted.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...highlight=hbwc

NRA Life Member

NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

In Remembrance

According to the drawing that I have, the hollow base version is 235 grains. I'm awaiting confirmation from Miha that he will also offer the plain base pin, which in solid seems to be a 275 grain boolit.

Quote Originally Posted by country gent View Post
    What weight bullet is this? I'm interested in it for my 44-40 henry rifle as a target load.

NRA Life Member

NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Boolit Grand Master

Dukeinflordia, Once you et the details firmed up I'm me I'm definitely interested in one. Pm to Follow

In Remembrance

PM received, and replied to. I'll contact you when we get the final details worked out.

We (honchos) seem to have overwhelmed Miha with our detailed questions. He's used to just focusing on making molds, and getting them out quickly. We are forcing him to also be a good manager of details.

Quote Originally Posted by country gent View Post
    Dukeinflordia, Once you et the details firmed up I'm me I'm definitely interested in one. Pm to Follow

NRA Life Member

NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Boolit Grand Master

I'm in on a 4 cavity set of blocks in 44 cal with the cramer pins normal shipping and no handles PMs sent

In Remembrance

Yes, it **IS** indeed a four cavity option. Shall I include your order?

Quote Originally Posted by Lakehouse2012 View Post
    Duke- according to my question of Miha on Sunday, he stated he could put 4-cav on an HP for 45-70. So I would think this 44 would be no problem for 4-cav and would get you to the required 100 pins, faster. I'd jump on this one, if it were 4-cav

NRA Life Member

NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

In Remembrance

BUMP to get this mold some attention.

NRA Life Member

NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Boolit Mold
    SvErD - 1 four cavity mold with hollow base pin and blank pin, NO Handles, Normal shipping, sveinDOTerikDOTdallandAToutlookDOTcom,Norway 5227 zip code

In Remembrance

Added. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by SvErD View Post
    SvErD - 1 four cavity mold with hollow base pin and blank pin, NO Handles, Normal shipping, sveinDOTerikDOTdallandAToutlookDOTcom,Norway 5227 zip code

NRA Life Member

NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Need some help. No stranger to casting but know nothing about this custom mold stuff. Ist question is how much is a Euro? Second question. This 44 HBWC is not a GC bullet, right?
    Guidence will be appreciated.

In Remembrance

A EURO is the common money in Europe. The value of one (relative to a US dollar) varies daily, although it doesn't really vary all that much. Since MP-Molds is in Slovenia, Miha does his billing in EUROS. If you pay the invoice through PayPal, then PayPal does the exchange rate automatically, and you will actually pay in US dollars.
    Here's a link for the exchange rate from EUROS to dollars
    Currently, a EURO is $ 1.1754 dollars.

This bullet is a "nose pour" style bullet, meaning that the normal Hollow Point (which is on the nose of the bullet) in this instance becomes the rear of the bullet. Because the rear of the bullet is HOLLOW, a gas check would not work.

Quote Originally Posted by Drm50 View Post
    Need some help. No stranger to casting but know nothing about this custom mold stuff. Ist question is how much is a Euro? Second question. This 44 HBWC is not a GC bullet, right?
    Guidence will be appreciated.

NRA Life Member

NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

I want one of these molds, do I need their handles I have couple dozen Lyman & RCBS single
    and double handles. Also don't understand hidden email address. Not into tech stuff, lucky
    to be able to use this IPad.

Boolit Master
    I’m in for a four cavity, PM sent

jtcarmATcharterDOTNET
    Zip: 76126

In Remembrance

Do you want a two cavity mold? Or, a four cavity mold? Those are the only two options.
    So, the Lyman 4 cavity handles DO NOT fit these molds. The LEE four cavity handles DO FIT. I've never had any RCBS handles, so I am not sure on those. The difference is mostly the THICKNESS of the metal part where it fits into the slots on the sides of the molds. These molds require something the same thickness as a LEE handle set.

With regard to the "disguised email address". . . . There are dangerous "BOTS" roaming web sites, looking to lift (steal) data such as email addresses. They can use those email addresses to send out viruses, etc. So, as an attempt to foil the bots, we ask that you modify your email address slightly. The @ symbol becomes the word, "AT". And the period (.) in front of your email provider information becomes a "DOT"

So, if your email address was somebody@somewhere.com, you would post your email address as: somebody AT somewhere DOT com
    Hopefully, the bots are dumb enough to not glean your email address, and you won't get deluged with trash. Hope that helps you and others who were confused about the nature of a disguised email address.

Quote Originally Posted by Drm50 View Post
    I want one of these molds, do I need their handles I have couple dozen Lyman & RCBS single
    and double handles. Also don't understand hidden email address. Not into tech stuff, lucky
    to be able to use this IPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtarm View Post
    I’m in for a four cavity, PM sent

jtcarmATcharterDOTNET
    Zip: 76126

NRA Life Member

NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

I will take a 2cavity and set of handles, regular shipping

morrisdan3006ATgmailDOTcom
    Last edited by Drm50; 07-10-2018 at 02:31 AM.

Boolit Buddy

REMAKE - MP Molds - 44 MAG Hollow Base Wadcutter

I’m in.

EMR, 1 two cavity mould with handles. Regular shipping, 92705.

Emrivera1 at gmail dot com.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast