I did a modification on my home made bore pigs a couple of years ago and recently did the same to the BACO bore wipes. I imagine someone has already though of it years ago, but I haven't seen anything posted so here it is: I cut a length of Delrin rod of the appropriate size, drill and tap for a 8x32 threaded brass screw, punch a hole in the dry patch that is placed between the rod and the pig or wipe. I have a handy handle on the end to pick it up and I don't have to grab a drying patch to put behind it. Just use a plastic ctg box to hold them upright and keep the patch dry. The "0" ring is removed prior to use. It keeps the patch folded up initially.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BACO.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	219807