MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataWidenersSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Repackbox Lee Precision

Thread: I scored!!

Boolit Buddy

I scored!!

A Turkey fryer in excellent shape. Been looking for a used one for a few years now. Found this one CHEAP at an estate sale not 5 min. from my house. To say I am happy is an understatement! Smelting lead by bending over a wood fire, with a bad back, in the city, gets old really quick.

Boolit Master

If your is anything like mine you'll be able to make short works of cleaning up your stash. Congratulations.
    Sometimes it takes a second box of boolits to clear my head.
    Feed back thread http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...?261449-jeepyj

Boolit Buddy
    I have about 150 lbs of range scrap and a other 35 lbs of old lead pipe that I have been dreading to smelt. That means A LOT of work using a wood fire. Gotta keep the fire going good and hot without burning down the neiborbood plus all the normal smelting activities. Th is fryer will make things SO much easier.

Boolit Buddy
    And things just keep getting better!! A very close friend of mine just said he had an extra tank he would give me! God is surely blessing me today!

Boolit Grand Master

You will wonder why it took you so long to switch over. Now you will need more lead, more ingot molds and more storage space!

Boolit Man

Nother cheap option

I bought this high pressure burner(turkey fryer) for around $15 online,(amazon-ebay-walmart.com) wich clams to be 119,000btu. I already had a high pressure regulator and hose. These are sold as replacements, so some cheaper models didnt have the brass nipple/orifice thing. I made sure the one i ordered did. I use concrete blocks to support the burner and pot ala rocketstove style
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot_20180504-013156_Amazon Shopping.jpg  

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Schreck5 View Post
    A Turkey fryer in excellent shape. Been looking for a used one for a few years now. Found this one CHEAP at an estate sale not 5 min. from my house. To say I am happy is an understatement! Smelting lead by bending over a wood fire, with a bad back, in the city, gets old really quick.
    Don't forget...now that you have the burner, get a turkey frying pot...if you've never had a deep fried turkey all injected with seasonings and fried golden brown you missing out big time.
    Get a turkey frying pot that has a little drain spout on the side....makes clean up much easier.
    Do a search on Cajun Injector...it just may change your life !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

congrats , it will make life better

So glad to see the simple things bring pleasure to a fellow Booliteer. Campfire smelting is just plain hard work. Gp

Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    Don't forget...now that you have the burner, get a turkey frying pot...if you've never had a deep fried turkey all injected with seasonings and fried golden brown you missing out big time.
    Get a turkey frying pot that has a little drain spout on the side....makes clean up much easier.
    Do a search on Cajun Injector...it just may change your life !
    Gary
    It changed mine. Now I can't fit into last years jeans! BUT.....the turkey is the best I ever had.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Quote Originally Posted by wjham77 View Post
    I bought this high pressure burner(turkey fryer) for around $15 online,(amazon-ebay-walmart.com) wich clams to be 119,000btu. I already had a high pressure regulator and hose. These are sold as replacements, so some cheaper models didnt have the brass nipple/orifice thing. I made sure the one i ordered did. I use concrete blocks to support the burner and pot ala rocketstove style
    I don't know if you know this or not but those blocks will give away with out warning when real hot and have weight on them pm me and we can work out something about getting you a strong steel stand so you do not get hurt D Crockett

I can't tell you how many hundreds of pounds of wheel weights I smelted in a 10# Lyman pot.
    Then we got a turkey fryer and good grief the difference in time. I can't believe I used a 10# pot for so long. lol
    Life is a series of bullseyes and backstraps - Ted Nugent

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by D Crockett View Post
    I don't know if you know this or not but those blocks will give away with out warning when real hot and have weight on them pm me and we can work out something about getting you a strong steel stand so you do not get hurt D Crockett
    Yeah, they started to crack already. Been thinking on a more permanent solution. Pm inbound