Snyders JerkyWidenersLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingRepackboxTitan Reloading
Load Data MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: For thought and meditation

Boolit Master

For thought and meditation

praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit… EPHESIANS 6:18
    As we continue on in our intercession for others, we may find that our obedience to God in interceding is going to cost those for whom we intercede more than we ever thought. The danger in this is that we begin to intercede in sympathy with those whom God was gradually lifting up to a totally different level in direct answer to our prayers. Whenever we step back from our close identification with God’s interest and concern for others and step into having emotional sympathy with them, the vital connection with God is gone. We have then put our sympathy and concern for them in the way, and this is a deliberate rebuke to God.
    It is impossible for us to have living and vital intercession unless we are perfectly and completely sure of God. And the greatest destroyer of that confident relationship to God, so necessary for intercession, is our own personal sympathy and preconceived bias. Identification with God is the key to intercession, and whenever we stop being identified with Him it is because of our sympathy with others, not because of sin. It is not likely that sin will interfere with our intercessory relationship with God, but sympathy will. It is sympathy with ourselves or with others that makes us say, “I will not allow that thing to happen.” And instantly we are out of that vital connection with God.
    Vital intercession leaves you with neither the time nor the inclination to pray for your own “sad and pitiful self.” You do not have to struggle to keep thoughts of yourself out, because they are not even there to be kept out of your thinking. You are completely and entirely identified with God’s interests and concerns in other lives. God gives us discernment in the lives of others to call us to intercession for them, never so that we may find fault with them.
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Boolit Master

i'm gonna have to study on this one a bit - Appreciate the morning word rl69
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Master
    Yes sir,I agree with the idea he is teaching,that in our finite understanding we don't understand what is best for our brothers and sisters.

For some time I would pray for people by the time I was done the prayer would turn to "not my will but yours be done" . I felt useless in my prayer life. What's the point in praying for someone and then telling God do what you want ? I prayed long and hard about just that. My answer was you pray I'll take care of the details.

Maby it's posable that I can become so close to God that I can know what his will is for others. But the truth is I'm not there. so I pray, and I trust His good and perfect will will be done.
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Moderator Emeritus

Amen! He knows SO much more than we do! What hubris it takes for us to insist that we always have everything OUR way! And what foolishness that is! Many of us would gradually slide away from our Lord if He didn't allow us trials that keep bringing us back again. He is loving, even when we don't want the TYPE of loving He sends us! Praised be the name of the Lord, forever! Amen.