RepackboxTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Wideners Snyders Jerky

Thread: S&W 929 load data wanted

Boolit Bub

S&W 929 load data wanted

I have been searching and researching load data for the S&W 929. Specifically looking for 145 - 150 gr LFN load data. WSF, WW231, Universal, Clays, Bullseye are powders I have. And no I’m not interested in buying other powders. Like many of you, I’m tired of chasing down powders. Lifes too short for 20 cans of powder half full and no place to go.

here is a picture from the Lyman 49th edition loading manual. It has 4 of the powders you listed.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	resized00001.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	219755

There are three differences to remember about the S&W 929.
    You can load the boolits out to a much longer OAL due to the way the chamber in the cylinder is cut. This leaves more room inside the case for powder.
    You are also not restricted to higher starting loads since you don't need to work a slide. You can load the cartridge down to a powder puff load if you wish.
    You also are not restricted as to nose shape. You could even load full wadcutters in it if you wish.
    I own a 929 and have been playing with OAL and powder charges. It is a fun gun to experiment with and a fantastic shooter. Mine is as accurate as any handgun I own.
    I haven't settled on any one combination. This gun seems to like everything.

Boolit Master
    Everything tazman said x2

The only thing I'll add is that the throats tend to run larger a true 9x19 round would use. Mine are .357 and based upon everything I've seen this is normal. This means .355 lead bullets probably aren't ideal but it does allow for the easy use .38 Special bullets.

Boolit Bub
    Thanks for the information. Now I have a new project to start on.

Boolit Buddy

S&W 929 load data wanted

Here lately I have been using Berry's .357" plated 158 gr. RN in mine over a light charge of Titegroup and seated out to 1.16". Federal primers seated down hard work best for me.