Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationWidenersLoad DataRepackbox
Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I just bought 350 lb of lead because of my wife

Boolit Master

I just bought 350 lb of lead because of my wife

Bleave it or not my wife called me at work today and told me she found 250 lbs or more of lead for sale. It was on the internet on a site called sell it semo. It’s a local site where people sell old cars, garage sell stuff to anything in between. My wife ask if I wanted it. Well yes at .25 cents a pound. It’s wheel weights sorted about 200 lbs and about 150 pounds of range lead jacketed and lead. Total about 350 pounds. My back is already hurting now just to melt it all into ingints. My wife says you need to buy it your almost out . I said well yes I am. Can’t beleve she just gave me permission to buy gun stuff wow.

Boolit Master
    Great to hear ya got such a grand deal. Congrats!

In my life after 38 years of wedded bliss, I would be thinkin' to myself...

Now I have to think of what I am gonna say & do when she says to me sometime in the near future...

"Honey, I want "this".", & then if I balk a bit, she reminds me of the "lead deal" she helped me get without any troubles & grief about it....

I will likely just say, "OKay Sweetheart, let's go do it."

What else can ya say?

Be prepared.

LOL
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master
    Funny I thought about the same thing. She must want something. Been married 30 years

going on 24 years in a week. when my wife says you can do this or that I know sooner or later it will be her turn. so remember this happy wife happy life. and at 25 cent a pound that is a very good deal D Crockett

I’m a fortunate man. Over 25 years of marriage and she has never said no to any of my shooting or reloading pleasures and this is a woman who really dislikes guns. She goes the extra mile for sure. I’ll go ahead and keep her!
    Dave

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    I'd say "Put a ring on that one!", but it seems it's too late - LOL

Good one, that is a keeper, seems

she's a keeper

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by copdills View Post
    she's a keeper
    Yeah, thats what I was thinking too! Whatever the motive you have more lead and thats good.

Boolit Master

East Arkansas where I55 & I40 come together and then split
    She sounds like a bargain hunter like my wife of 39 years, and I have her looking for pewter. She called me from a yard sale once about reloading supplies and said it wasn't much
    I asked if there was any casting stuff and she started asking and the guy wasn't ready to give that up yet and was selling the reloading gear for a friend.

A quarter a pound for lead is almost unheard of these days, the best deal I got was for 60 cents a pound last fall.
    She did good.

Boolit Master
    It will be 41 years in a couple of weeks. Sorry bud, you're screwed. That .25 a pound is way less than what you have coming at you down the road. Get it all rendered down now because you will be busy later.

Boolit Buddy
    My wife (33 years) lets me buy gun stuff, I promised her no more old cars.

Boolit Master
    I have taught my wife of 45 years to watch for solder at garage or estate sales. She has gotten VERY good at finding it. I used to buy everything she found, but I got so much that I have been buying only the best buys for the last 5 or 10 years. It is getting to the point (considering the amount of solder I have laying around unused) that I might not buy any more at all. But, when there is REALLY a good buy (solder for the cost of lead), I can't pass it up.

Boolit Man
    You are a blessed man.....that's quite a find of lead these days!!!

Boolit Bub
    I am always looking on facebook for lead and never get that lucky. Im in your area if you ever run into more than you can use.

Boolit Master
    She may need you to cast some boolits for her. Hopefully she'll give you boolits for your birthday and Christmas.

Boolit Mold
    Of course she wants something. She wants you to do something that makes you happy. Now, you’re job is to reciprocate and find something that will make her happy and give her permission to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Must have been a full moon last night. My wife came to me and told me "someone has 48 bars of lead on the local yard sale sight do you want it?" My reply was how much and where & when can I pick it up. So today my honey worked out the details and I picked it up on the way home from work. Isn't it great how they look out for us even though sometimes they think were over grown kids.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Hey, if she gets you what you need to be both pleased AND happy, that's really smart on her part - Why would you look elsewhere for ANYTHING if she has you grinning from ear to ear, doing what you want most of the time (except when doing what she wants), and worn out enough that while other women may look pretty, you have NO energy to do anything but look, even if you WERE inclined to chase them? That's just plain a good way for a good woman to show that she IS good, and smart, IMO

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jniedbalski View Post
    Bleave it or not my wife called me at work today and told me she found 250 lbs or more of lead for sale. It was on the internet on a site called sell it semo. It’s a local site where people sell old cars, garage sell stuff to anything in between. My wife ask if I wanted it. Well yes at .25 cents a pound. It’s wheel weights sorted about 200 lbs and about 150 pounds of range lead jacketed and lead. Total about 350 pounds. My back is already hurting now just to melt it all into ingints. My wife says you need to buy it your almost out . I said well yes I am. Can’t beleve she just gave me permission to buy gun stuff wow.

So what did SHE BUY at the yard sales ?. Hummmmmm
    You have a keeper there. ( check the balance in your checkbook) ! Lol

Mike

Banned
    My wife is the same way. God Bless that Woman! A few weeks ago she talked me into buying my first lathe. The mini lather from HF. Woopie! And we have very little money. But with a wife like her money isn't that important. I love that woman.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast