Reloading EverythingInline FabricationLee PrecisionRepackbox
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataWideners
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading

Thread: Who makes a nice belt Holster for a 5" S&W 625?

Super Moderator

Who makes a nice belt Holster for a 5" S&W 625?

I have a Kramer holster that I used for IDPA, but it's hard as a rock and is open top. I'd like a softer leather holster w/strap, maybe even suede lined. My search on google did not turn up much of anything for a 5". Mine is a Model of 1989. Does anyone know a manufacturer who makes such an animal? Thanks in advance...Shooter.
    Last edited by ShooterAZ; 05-01-2018 at 07:37 PM. Reason: correction

Boolit Master

I have an El Paso Saddlery Three Person for mine - Not soft, but nicely lined. I like it quite a bit.
    Being human is not for sissies.

You could try Mark Whyte, www.whyteleatherworks.com He's strictly a custom maker with many samples shown on his website. He's a member here, and I recently purchased a 1911 holster from him and am very satisfied. The website says that he seldom makes the same holster twice, and that they average about $70.

Boolit Master
    Mernickle

Boolit Master
    If you want top quality,,, barranti leather.
    "Doc" Barranti makes some of the best quality holsters out there. I tried one of his once,,, several years ago,,, and now I own 5 of them. None better that I've found.

Boolit Master
    I use a Bianchi 5BHL that works very well for my 629 5" revolver. You can often find these in the "holster boxes" at the larger gun shows. I think I paid $15.00 for mine.
    It's all chicken, even the beak!

Super Moderator

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll be checking into some holsters today

+1 on Mernickle

I also carry my Model 625 in a Bianchi #5BHL holster. Not expensive, but good quality.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Master
    FWIW, you want a very stiff holster that is molded to the pistol.

I assume this is not for competition so any options are up to you. As noted by others above there are quite a few holster makers out there and I'd not hesitate to buy from any of them. The last holster I bought was a Milt Sparks and it has served me well for about 15 years (CCW).

Super Moderator

No, the Kramer holster (open top) is what I use for competition. I want this one for woods bumming and camp gun.

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShooterAZ View Post
    I have a Kramer holster that I used for IDPA, but it's hard as a rock and is open top. I'd like a softer leather holster w/strap, maybe even suede lined. My search on google did not turn up much of anything for a 5". Mine is a Model of 1989. Does anyone know a manufacturer who makes such an animal? Thanks in advance...Shooter.
    Dave, I've been using the 111 cyclone from Bianchi since I got the 29 in 8-3/8", for all my camp and hunting needs when I worked and lived in Flag. Got mine off the shelf at Ruff's when I worked there. I like the option to wear as crossdraw when hunting too. Only problem is the only 625 made is for the 4 inch bbl.

So here ya go Dave. Galco... made there in Arizona too. Also a bit pricy, but darn well made, I use to carry them when I had my store.

Or..............model 196 from Triple K will fit, and they have a nice holster too, and only $58.25 plus shipping $67.25 will fix you up too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2018-05-04-02-46-08.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	37.8 KB 
ID:	219832

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2018-05-04-02-55-00.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	48.7 KB 
ID:	219833

Super Moderator

Barry, thanks for the info. I do own several Galco holsters and like them. BTW...my name is John

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Sorry John, I am so sorry to have confused you with someone else, I don't know why I was thinking it was Dave. Must have been one of my senior moments. Hope all is well. Had a friend send me a picture of their new home just outside of town yesterday, yup, nice spring day and off in the background there's the peaks all still covered with snow and the calendar says it's the month of May. Miss that town, an most of my friends of over forty years. I've seen that snow still there on the peaks sometimes until July before it was all gone from view from the south, still some snow in the deep valleys on the north side til August some years. Take care John, lets see a pic of the 625 AND your new holster once you decide on what you'll get. Here's a image of my old 111 Bianchi and the 29......

Super Moderator

No worries my friend. I think I'm going to order the El Paso Saddlery Tom 3 Persons Engraved. Looks like a sweet rig.

So John, which one are you getting ???? The model 1920???? What kind of tooling???

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterAZ View Post
    No worries my friend. I think I'm going to order the El Paso Saddlery Tom 3 Persons Engraved. Looks like a sweet rig.
    Awesome !
    Classic holster to go with a classic revolver...ATTABOY !
    Post photo's when you get it.
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"