WidenersLoad DataRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication

Thread: Mihec 312 230 300 Blackout Cramer Mold

I'm A Honcho!

Mihec 312 230 300 Blackout Cramer Mold

Greetings Cast Boolit Brothers,

Not sure when this was run by MP molds but Im seeking interest in a new run.

In a quest to find an alternative to 300 BO bullets currently offered in this weight range. I am looking to start the discussion on two possible options to fill this void. This is a proven Boolit from a 45 2.1 design. It is described as a Cross between a Lee 230 and a NOE 247 which chambers better than the Noe with the ability of being hollow pointed.

A design like this will allow users to modify OAL easily accommodating a wide array of applications.

Looking at three options ONLY. 4 cavity Hollow point, 6 Cavity Brass, 8 cavity Aluminum "Lee Style". He confirmed that his new machining set-up can handle the new solid molds.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	300%20ACC%20SS%20#5.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	219702

What are your thoughts...

Bluejay
    Last edited by bluejay75; 05-01-2018 at 10:12 PM.
    You never know how you rank amongst men 'til you have seen what will break another man.
    The original "Bluejay" US Army/ US Navy 1945-1970.

I like it & would be in for one of the HP molds

Absolutely in for 4cav HP brass....

Boolit Master
    I may be wrong but I don’t think it ever happened. I think it was one of the group buys that was supposed to happen but never did, and that was finally pushed off the edge by a moderator. I was signed up for one for months IIRC.

Having said that, I would be willing to try a HP version if it ever happens.
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.

I'm A Honcho!
    I was assured as recently as Sunday that this will run when we hit a 25 mold minimum. If we get at least 8 guys to say they are in I will turn this into a group buy.
    You never know how you rank amongst men 'til you have seen what will break another man.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by bluejay75 View Post

Looking at three options ONLY. 4 cavity Hollow point, 6 Cavity Brass, 8 cavity Aluminum "Lee Style". He confirmed that his new machining set-up can handle the new solid molds.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	300%20ACC%20SS%20#5.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	219702

What are your thoughts...

Bluejay
    Well, since you asked.....due to wrist injury issues I, like a number of others, can't cast for any length of time with the weight of a 4cav brass mold. Therefore, with the insistence toward no longer offering the 2 cav option, I guess myself and others are now excluded from current and future Mihec group buys.
    An old Cherokee was teaching his grandson about life. "Inside me two wolves fight," he told the boy.
    "One is evil - he is anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity, resentment, lies, false pride, and ego. The other is good - he is joy, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, generosity, truth and faith. The same fight is inside you - and every other person, too."
    The grandson thought for a minute and asked,"Which wolf will win?"
    The old Cherokee replied, "The one you feed."

I'm A Honcho!
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyEllis View Post
    Well, since you asked.....due to wrist injury issues I, like a number of others, can't cast for any length of time with the weight of a 4cav brass mold. Therefore, with the insistence toward no longer offering the 2 cav option, I guess myself and others are now excluded from current and future Mihec group buys.
    Sir,

Limiting the options makes this more executable. How about a 3 cavity? Would lose the 2 and 4 cavity HP.

If more 2 cavity GC molds are requested...I will remove the Lee Style 8 cavity or the 6 cavity Brass. Im leaning towards losing the 8 cavity.

Or we will run a 3 cavity and 6/8 cavity solid.