RepackboxWidenersRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication Load Data
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tired of looking for auto pistol cases in the Grass ? . . . 'BrassCatcher'

Boolit Master
    I’ve built a permanent brass catcher out of t post and green house shade cloth, it’s pourus enough that the wind doesn’t affect it so much. And i think made of some kind of poly marl. That last forever, I’ve had it for at least 20 years. Doesn’t melt with hot brass. Very tough, i think it came from Lowes, garden dept. 6’ X 40’ good stuff if your going to get for long time.

Boolit Buddy

Tired of looking for auto pistol cases in the Grass ? . . . 'BrassCatcher'

I wish I had a private shooting range for a nice brass catcher like that but I shoot at an outdoor club so I keep it simple with a mesh tarp from Harbor Freight.

https://m.harborfreight.com/8-ft-x-1...arp-60577.html

i have a net i carry in the trunk.....and a stapler. there's always a way to install it ejection port side, so i don't have to chase my brass.

Boolit Master
    I have been waiting for the wind to drop. Not happening.

So, I tried to take some pics today of the Shell Casing Trap I made.

They are not pretty , but should show enough that folks might understand how easy & in-expensive making one of these can be, as well as how it can be compacted down. (I think it could fit in the trunk of a medium sized car like my missus '06 Impala )

It can also be broken down even farther if one want to do so. I just made it into 3 "sets". The 2 "bases" and the "trap" assembly.

It only takes me a couple minutes to set up or take down by myself. No help or assistance needed.

It does what I want it to do in most of the situations I might have with rifle , shotgun or pistol. I did not spend a whole lot of time nor $$ to do this. Less than a half hour of assembly & less than $25+/-, in "out of pocket" & it saves my back...

Saving on the picking up/kneeling & bending over to pick up the doggone cases is worth that ...

It works for me. YMMV.... Do as ya like. I like it simple & easy & not hurting my wallet.

{ P.S. - I am not intending on taking away from the OP, OS OK/Charlies setup... Just showing that this one works for "me". }

Here are the pics:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0526.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	65.2 KB 
ID:	227104 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0527.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	227105 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0528.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	227106 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0529.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	227107 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0530.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	227108 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0531.JPG 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	227109 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0533.JPG 
Size:	64.2 KB 
ID:	227111 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0535.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	60.5 KB 
ID:	227112
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0525.JPG   IMG_0532.JPG  
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master
    JB How high did you make the back wall?

Boolit Master
    I will go out & measure accurately some time in the next couple days. Maybe even later today...

The front is around 4 ft., and the back around 8 ft.,IIRC.
    It is about 5 ft wide.

I can make a list of the parts if anyone wants it.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

I stand behind the tail-gate of my truck when firing my pistols. The 45 rounds go out to my right about 6-7 feet, my 9mm does about the same, but my Kel-tec 380 pocket gun flings them over the truck and land out in front of it (F-150 4 dr w 6'bed). The first time I took it out to practice, I thought the ejected rounds were vaporizing, until I stepped in front of the truck to pee, and there they were, surprise, surprise. I Have a Caldwell Brass Trap brass catcher that works fine for rifle rounds off of the table, but the pistol rounds are very difficult to control Thinking about getting a 10X10 plastic tarp, but I shoot in a rock pit and the floor is D U S T. It would be difficult to keep the tarp clean. Just a thought.

That's pretty cool JB...
    That sure beats looking for them in the grass and loosing a bunch too.
    Good job.
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Master
    Trixter that is how I generally catch by brass as well , they get tossed in the bed of my truck , and I also have a particular handgun that throws them wild - and that's my favorite 45acp to shoot so I have to lay out a tarp when I take it out .

Boolit Master
    That's what revolvers are for.

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    that looks like a winner. great job. i shoot at an outdoor range with screen wire inbetween shooting stations but it works with varying degrees of success. i have a little 25 auto that will throw the brass from one end of the pistol range to the other i only shoot it if i can get the end station or if no-one is there . have switched to wheel gun for carry. but i catch grief for shooting it on the pistol range to. the roof is very low to keep from shooting over the backstop. my snub nose 41 mag is rather loud i will admit but thats what hearing protectors are for and they are required. shooters claim they can feel the concussions at the other end of the range. now the 25yard range has a high roof and don't have any problem there.

Boolit Grand Master

Thats a pretty neat design! Nothing seems to work 100% of the time for different guns. I usually use a blue tarp and stake it down with tent stakes. A few still get away.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123