MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingInline FabricationLee Precision
Snyders JerkyRepackboxWidenersRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: They are the finest people I know.

Quote Originally Posted by leadman View Post
    My Dad was in Korea about 1949-50 but never talked about it. Found out recently my Uncle was also in Korea at the same time so they sent my Dad home. My uncle died after he returned to the States by falling asleep at the wheel of his Mercury and running into a walnut tree. He almost made it home.
    I was there from Dec 1971 to Jan. 1973. I spent some guard duty time at our rock quarry on the coast in the winter. I was from Michigan and young then, didn't bother me much but it was only 4 hours at a time. We were combat engineers and the unit paved the road thru the DMZ for the Red Cross talks back then.
    Watched a documentary with actual footage of the march to the coast during the war not long ago on the tv. Pretty nasty alright. Glad America can produce such brave men, sucks that some did not make it back.
    Kudos to you also, leadman.
    It takes a man to acknowledge a man
    btw, my Dad missed a deployment to Korea by a hair.
    Just barely, and he was always grateful that he did not have to go, knowing other cats that did have to go.
    Antiaircraft troops out of Ft. Bliss, National Guard from Silver City and Lordsburg, NM
    Last edited by DoubleAdobe; 05-08-2018 at 01:06 AM.
    "Them that don't know him won't like him and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him, he ain't wrong he's just different and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right"
    Ed Bruce

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12