StainLess Steel MediaGraf & SonsLee PrecisionADvertise here
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ***** willow for BP

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by lead chucker View Post
    I will try pu$$y willow. Does it Have to be dry and aged before charing it? We have more alder around here than you can shake a stick at. Ha Ha get it. If alder is better than pine i could try it. The pine works good but it is dirty. If any one has tried alder i would like to hear how it works. I live in a remote part of Alaska so it can be hard to get what you need some times. Thanks for all the info guys.
    I made powder with CC made from willow that wasn't dried and it worked fine. If you have the time to dry it, good, but go ahead and make some just to get started and see what happens. None of the CC that I have made has been dried before processing. Of course ignorance might be bliss in this case.

Bob
    GUNFIRE! The sound of Freedom!

Boolit Buddy
    I have often thought of using old cricket bats that were made of willow. Probably not many cricket bats in the US.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by pdgh59 View Post
    I have often thought of using old cricket bats that were made of willow. Probably not many cricket bats in the US.
    Probably not!

Bob
    GUNFIRE! The sound of Freedom!

Adler is used for smoking fish (and I think it tastes nasty ) and it seems to be extremely "greasy" and aromatic . I hope that it might just be in the bark ? As has been mentioned before there is LOTs of it up here in the north of Alaska.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by lead chucker View Post
    I will try pu$$y willow. Does it Have to be dry and aged before charing it? We have more alder around here than you can shake a stick at. Ha Ha get it. If alder is better than pine i could try it. The pine works good but it is dirty. If any one has tried alder i would like to hear how it works. I live in a remote part of Alaska so it can be hard to get what you need some times. Thanks for all the info guys.

Ye Gods............do we have to be so politically correct (properly sensitive, that is) that we spell "pu money money willow" that way?................Good Lord!!!

But, come to think of it, Jewfish ain't Jewfish anymore............Goliath grouper nowadays!

Quote Originally Posted by dogrunner View Post
    Ye Gods............do we have to be so politically correct (properly sensitive, that is) that we spell "pu money money willow" that way?................Good Lord!!!!
    If you wanna keep the forum police off your back you do.....sad isn't it.

redhawk

The only stupid question...is the unasked one.

Not all who wander....are lost.

Boolit Master

Can't post about a ba$tard file, either.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master
    I like scrap popular I get from a wood shop. Political correctness is ruining this country and this forum.

Walker Lake Nv. or just about 5 miles west of the exact middle of nowhere.
    I'm willing to bet you can't go off half cocked with pushywillow charcoal BP . Cockeyed sights make you miss a titmouse . Boobytraps are probably on the auto chop too . Remember a few yr ago after an upgrade when you couldn't call a 7.7 Arisaka by it's more common name 7.7 Jap ? I'm surprised we can still describe powder as black .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992

About that rally point, the soap and mail boxes fall on blind eyes and deaf ears,the ballot box is manipulated,it would seem we are fast running out options....

Boolit Master
    I got in trouble once at a job when I talked about a good pair of dikes (wire cutters). Just made some Carolina willow cc for my next batch. Seems that the willow cc is lighter than the red cedar cc I used for my first batch. Think I'll have some red skinned potatoes with dinner

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12