MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationLoad DataWideners
Repackbox Snyders Jerky

Thread: ruger sp101 327 mag dies

Boolit Buddy

ruger sp101 327 mag dies

Just bought a ruger 101 327 mag , what dies to buy, 32 s&w or 32h&r or 327 mag, seems like I can load all 3 with 32 s&w dies and have the best of everything. Is this correct , kind of like 44spcl and 44mag only works one way.
    thanks
    kurt

Boolit Grand Master
    I have used an RCBS tungsten-carbide die set for 32 S&W Long from the early 1980s to assemble 32 SWL--32 H&R Magnum--and 327 Federal ammunition. I don't reload or shoot 32 S&W.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master

RCBS Cowboy dies are lead boolit friendly.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Master
    Yep. I use the Lyman set marked 32S&W Long/32 H&R. I use them to reload 32 SWL, 32H&R and 327 Fed Magnum. There’s plenty of adjustment available for belling, seating crimping. I don’t know if older sets marked specifically for 32S&W (the short one) would have enough adjustment to accommodate the longer cartridges. The diameters for full length sizing, inside neck sizing, seating and crimping are the same for all the 32 revolver cartridges.

I’ll bet you enjoy the SP101 in 327. Mine is the 4.2 version. It punches way above its weight.
    "Time and money don't do you a bit of good until you spend them." - My Dad

North Central Montana; across the wide Missouri
    I use a set of Lee 32 S&W Long dies.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by shooting on a shoestring View Post
    I’ll bet you enjoy the SP101 in 327. Mine is the 4.2 version. It punches way above its weight.
    Yessir, it sure does. Impressive and accurate.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Grand Master
    I’ve used both the Lee and the Lyman sets to load 32 S&W Long and H&R and the Lyman dies to load 327 for my Ruger BH. I can’t remember ever loading for 32 S&W either, but if I did needed to do so would probably use my 310 Tool or a TruLine Jr.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master
    30 miles South of Cheyenne, unfortunately
    R.I.P little ruger sp-101.
    When it's time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.... and brother, it's STARTING TO RAIN!!

Boolit Grand Master
    Huh? R.I.P.?

Boolit Master
    30 miles South of Cheyenne, unfortunately
    Quote Originally Posted by 9.3X62AL View Post
    Huh? R.I.P.?
    I guess the humor is a little too subtle. Dies, as in dead, no longer living, etc. His ruger 327 gives up the ghost.

Ok, I know it's dumb but when I read the post title, it struck me that way and I couldn't resist.
    Last edited by roysha; 05-06-2018 at 11:29 AM.
    When it's time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.... and brother, it's STARTING TO RAIN!!

Boolit Master
    Ha! Darned if you’re not right! Boy I must have a narrow mind to have missed that! Thanks for the giggle.
    "Time and money don't do you a bit of good until you spend them." - My Dad

I use Hornady dies for 32 and use it for all the 5 types of 32cal in my BH and no problems.I load 32S&W,32 SWL, 32ACP ,32H&R Mag,327Mag .I just use a different shell holder for the 32ACP. For my single shot rifle ,I had made for 327 Mag, I use the LFD because of the tight chamber. But can use it for all the 5 rounds I list.It works for me.I do have a 357mag in the 101 and I see that is tight is a tight cylinder in it.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA