Snyders JerkyRepackboxReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Load DataTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication Wideners

Thread: A Rough Day

in Remebrance

A Rough Day

I knew there would be good ones and bad ones after my wife passed. Sitting here drinking coffee instead of whiskey, tried that the night after she passed, after the second one my peanut brain said that's ENOUGH, haven't touched a drop since and ain't gonna. My daughter came over from Texas to help out in general, we sold one of the horses yesterday, daughter took the other back home with her. They used to barrel race together. Took care of selling the litter of Corgis, took the mama dog home with her. Left me two dogs for company. Now the pasture gates stand open. Before she left I told my daughter that's another part of my life that's over. Hard to accept, getting older sucks. If we didn't have Jesus to lean on it would be near impossible. Just needed to talk, thanks for listening, and thanks for supporting me with your prayers, I feel the presence of the Spirit every day. GW
    "If you can walk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    Or walk with Kings, nor lose the common touch,
    Yours is the earth and everything that's in it,
    And, which is more, you'll be a man my son!" R. Kipling

"Brother to a Prince, and fellow to a pauper, if found worthy." Kipling

You're in my prayers, GW.

Boolit Master

May the Lord continue to comfort you as only He can. God Bless you GW.

Moderator Emeritus

GW, I cant say anything that has not already been said...but you do have my prayers for healing and comfort....Time will make your loss more manageable.....and leaning on God for support will get you through.......Im in NE TX if I can help....Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Grand Master

All the way over on the other beach, but my prayers go with you.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by buckwheatpaul View Post
    GW, I cant say anything that has not already been said...but you do have my prayers for healing and comfort....Time will make your loss more manageable.....and leaning on God for support will get you through.......Im in NE TX if I can help....Paul
    Paul speaks for me also brother . Still praying for you .

Charlie
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master

GW I can't even imagine, but my prayers are with you.
    ”Only accurate rifles are interesting”
    ——Townsend Whelen

In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act
    —- George Orwell

Sorry about your Mrs. If you're lonely and needing someone to chat with, feel free to PM or e-mail me. Always glad to get to know another member of the fraternity. In any event, I'll also say a prayer for you.

Can not begin to imagine what you are going thru,,My prayers are with you tho.

Boolit Master

Gw

GW, You are in my Prayers. God Bless.

Super Moderator Emeritus
    GW my prayers are with you. I Been married 54 years and honestly could not imagine the pain but I do know the Lord will pore his grace and mercy to carry to fill that void. I have you on my daily prayer list.

Boolit Master

Prayers sent.
    "In God we trust, in all others, check the manual!"

Boolit Master

Keep your mind on things above, We are praying for you GW.

Boolit Master
    can't think of a thing to say ...but if i was in your presence i'd give you hug.

you'll be with her again.

Banned

You have the right mindset, but that does not change the fact that this fallen world can kill, crush, and destroy. Relying on the Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost wise choice. May God Bless you. Praying for you Brother.

may the powers of God fill that empty space you now have in you God bless you GW D Crockett

Boolit Master
    GW,
    First, may God comfort you and carry you through this trial.
    Second, thank you for caring enough to share this with us. It helps us be more human, more caring, more appreciative of what we have and what we have to lose.
    Praying for you.

Don

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

My prayers are with you GW. One day at a time, brother, one day at a time.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Moderator Emeritus

Well, Goat, I know just what you mean. But these are also called "character testing moments," too. You passed the first test with the alcohol. It ain't much of a replacement for a good wife, anyway, and it's good you realized that. But you'll see her again as surely as twice two is four, and then, you'll never have to worry about being separated ever again. What a joyful day THAT will be!

And too, I always try to think of that old song by Chris Christopherson, "Why Me Lord?" In part, it says " ..... what have I ever done, to deserve one, of the pleasures I've known." That's not a question we like to ask ourselves, but it sure tends to put it all into perspective when we're "challenged." I've been given more blessings than there are stars in a clear night's sky. And I can't say I've ever deserved a one of them. It's very humbling to realize that. But reassuring as well.

Have faith in God. He always makes things come out right in the end. Always. And what would we do if we were never tested??? At the THrone of Judgment, what would we say we did that our Lord might find satisfying? Truly, our greatest challenges are our best opportunities to show just how much we REALLY trust the Lord, and how much faith we REALLY have in Him, and how great our belief in Him is, that He'll always make things right in the end.

Gifts sometimes come camoflaged, if we always see things only from our own perspective, and from the standpoint of never wanting anything we don't want to happen, to happen, we'll never really have true faith or trust in the Lord. Many times, it's "our will or His," and we seem to automatically choose our own wills. But our wills lead us astray so very, very often! It's a good thing for all of us that He, and not we, are in charge. He's a LOT smarter and all-knowing than we could possibly ever be. And for those who really love Him, He never closes one door without opening another. It's just up to us to recognize it when it comes to us - something none of us is really very good at, without good, honest, Christian friends who'll let us lean on their shoulders when we need to, and who won't turn away in our hour of need.

Many of us LIKE to think we don't ever need that sort of thing, but that's our foolishness and hubris talking, and NOT reality. Those two dogs of yours are the best listeners we'll ever have this side of Paradise. Talk to them. They like it, and it will do you good. And don't forget to talk to the Lord, and lay your sadness on Him. He will never turn away from you either, though we often turn our backs on Him when it suits us to do so.

You're a good and solid man and person. Christ will never neglect you, but you DO have to rely on Him, and pour out your heart to Him, and trust him. It's that last part that we usually have the hardest time with. But you already know all this. You are just feeling lost a bit without her around now, which is very normal and to be expected, even if it's NOT very pleasurable. You'll do fine. You're too fine a man and person not to.

God bless and keep you, and send you the relief and reassurance you need right now. Amen.

My prayers are with you GW. Just know that you are really never alone, the Holy Spirit will minister to you in your troubling times. You will never be forsaken.