RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyLoad DataReloading Everything
Wideners Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Home made UV killer?

In Remebrance

Ditto what 357Max said. But if you really want some I'll make up a gallon of "NEW!! IMPROVED!!!" UV killer and send it to you for just $29.99 (plus S+H). This clear , odorless liquid with a water like appearance is GUARANTEED to kill UV and help you bag the big buck of your lifetime! 100% satisfaction guarantee. If not completely satisfied simply return the unused portion along with the original receipt, a notarized statement from the local head of Earth First! and an explanation of why it failed verified by no less than 17 witnesses and of not less than 500 words.

Call now!!! Operators are standing by!!!

Boolit Master
    Edmond, Oklahoma - that's N. of the Red River
    I have been using Arm & Hammer Baking Soda to wash my hunting clothes in for years and years. It works and you aren't adding brighteners!! I mix up the baking soda and water for a spray on odor neutralizer as well.

Dave

Boolit Buddy
    I am doing my own research here. I am spending some of the money I saved by not paying for cable TV on hunting clothing! Really just trying to tone the wife down. She goes out in bright white clothes which always kind of bothered me. Yes, we kill deer anyway but I am getting older and weaker and am looking for a little edge so I can save a little energy and keep doing this longer. The UV killer will have to wait because we are leaving in the morning for the next week if need be. Probably be back sooner.

In Remebrance

The best day of duck hunting I ever had I was wearing a red plaid shirt and a yellow hat. According to the "experts" I never should have seen a duck, much less had a great day. But by being still and being in the RIGHT PLACE at the right time I got a great day of hunting in.

Just my opinion and worth that much.

Boolit Buddy
    Sometimes you can win big in Vegas too!

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    I think my dad and grand father are smileing at these comments. Both raised in the north woods. Grandpa always said "If all the deer I have killed were put together they would be nose to tail and side by side packed tightly in a 40 acre field 2 stories high". Would a Texas Ranger lie about that? Neither one ever new or used camo or other stuff.

Boolit Bub
    I could never figure that out thoes signs that say "DEER CROSSING " how do they know where to cross ? HA HA

Boolit Master
    They look for the sign!!
    R.D.M.

Boolit Buddy
    My wife really likes her new camo!

I am kinda disgusted with myself because I misjudged the range on a good buck and shot over him.

We think the camo makes a difference. With regular clothes we were spooking deer clear across canyons. With the camo they would look at us if they saw us move but other than that they ignored us.

Boolit Mold

U-V Killer No need

I have been hunting all my life in the Idaho Mountains and wash clothes in Cold water using baking soda to kill odor and uv no need for the fancy city store bought stuff. and I have the proff on my wall to show for it

In Remembrance - Super Moderator & Official Cast Boolits Sketch Artist

UVs are the unknow plage of the nation you need to kill them as soon as you see them if we dont pull together life as we know will quickly change and man beleive me you wont like it at all.
    Reloading to save money I am sure the saving is going to start soon

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    That stuff is a sucker play. Save your money, keep your nose to the wind, and move slooooooooooooooooooooow.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master

Bret, are you trying out for Billy Mays job?...Ray
    Proud member in the basket of deplorables.

I've got the itch, but don't got the scratch.

In Remebrance

Not LOUD enough Ray.

I buy UV killer in December every year when it goes on sale after deer season. Wally World or Pamida usually close this stuff out at give away prices and it ends up being cheaper than laundry detergent. I really think it helps, along with scent control sprays. In our area it's getting harder and harder to kill deer every year. With the farms being sold for recreation in small plots. Everyone hunts from tree stands, not wanting to chase deer off their little patch of the world. Combine that with all the posted land around. We get no deer movement at all anymore. Seems you need every little advantage you can get. RD
    “A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.”

Thomas Jefferson – Author of the Declaration of Independence and 3rd President of the USA

I have many times been on my way home from work, smelling like hydraulic fluid, deisel and whatever else you can smell like after working all day on a concrete pump. Stop to hunt and taken a deer. Nothing but my dirty, greasy work clothes
    WHERE THE HELL IS FARMVILLE??

A buddy of mine works in a place that makes extracts from things like rosemary leaves, vanilla beans, clove leaves, & black pepper corns. He leaves that place stinking to high heaven all the time. He's also one of the most productive hunters that I know. I was thinking about asking him to grab me a sample bottle of rosemary oil sometime to throw in my laundry so that I could see if that is what makes the difference for him or not.
    “an armed society is a polite society.”
    Robert A. Heinlein

"Idque apud imperitos humanitas vocabatur, cum pars servitutis esset."
    Publius Tacitus

What are UV's and why do you want to kill them?
    Those golf cart like ATV that buzz around the woods and scare all the deer. An arrow in each tire usually puts them out of commission for a while.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuato View Post
    Geeez. All I wear to hunt is some jeans & a flannel shirt....SHHHHhh! don't tell the deer that they can see me without camo!
    Was wondering if I was the only one! I hunted for 40 years before cammo was developed. Now the deer might be more intelegent due to "Eveloution" as they are tougher as it takes a 300 Win Mag to kill them and they use to die with a 30-30.
    Dirt is cheap! where I hunt there is a windmill with a horse tank the deer and hogs use for water as it is the only water unless it has been wet. Take some of the black mud from the overflow area rub it on your boots and britches and not a deer going to smell you they will think you belong.
    You can collect a deer easy just find a two lane Farm to Market in the eastern Panhandle after dark speed up to 60-70 mph and more than lickley you will collect one or more pretty fast, might even get a couple of hogs. Will not make you insurance co. happy , but !
    Last edited by Freightman; 07-27-2009 at 01:09 PM.

A buddy of mine works in a place that makes extracts from things like rosemary leaves, vanilla beans, clove leaves, & black pepper corns. He leaves that place stinking to high heaven all the time. He's also one of the most productive hunters that I know. I was thinking about asking him to grab me a sample bottle of rosemary oil sometime to throw in my laundry so that I could see if that is what makes the difference for him or not.
    Jim,

If they make anise oil ask him for that. Supposedly anise oil attracts deer.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast