Snyders JerkyInline FabricationReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionRepackboxLoad DataTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: scope 94 win.

Boolit Man

scope 94 win.

I got a pre 64 , 94 win 30-30 and to blind to shoot 100 with peep lol has anyone put a scope on one of these old guns , was thinking about pistol scope sit in front of action on barrel , info on what to use in way of mount and scope i would appreciate . thanks in advance.

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    Look at the UltraDot scope. Comparatively smaller. Hopefully, others here will comment about a comparison to other more normal scopes for the typical hunting application on a rifle. ... felix
    felix

Boolit Master

A solution

This is a hotly discussed subject in many places. You'll get a lot of grief from NON shooters who just can't bear to see a scope mounted on a LA Winchester. Altho it's not perfect, I'll try to post pictures of a solution for you.
    I've got a couple more shots of one on an old rifle vs. carb. if you need it.
    Pepe Ray
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BurrisScoutScope1.jpg   IMG_0108.jpg  
    The way is ONLY through HIM.

Boolit Man
    Pepe Ray, yep that is way i was thinkin to rig it , what is the scope and base mount you show in pic and will it adjust out to ahhh 150 yds ok i was afraid a pistol scope wouldnt adjust up far enough to do any good. what you show there looks good to me thanks , and thanks felix i will take a look at the ultra dot.

That's a nice job Pepe.

Boolit Master at Heavens Range

All pistol scopes aren't created equally. The cheaper ones are almost useless in early morning and late evening. It's about 75 yards from my living room to my mailbox. Late one afternoon I turned off the living room lights and checked all my pistol and scout scopes via looking through the front door screen at the mailbox. With a couple, I couldn't tell it was a mailbox. With others, I could tell it was a mailbox. With a Leupold 2.5x28 scout scope I could read the letters on the side of the mailbox.

That side-by-side test made me an instant Leupold fan.

Boolit Master

Scout mount

This is not an LER. This is an IER. I for Intermediate. A scout scope. This Burris is the first offered after Col. Cooper lit the fire. The Redding FrontIER preceded it by a decade or more.
    The Burris mount is a Redding design which lost out to the Weaver in the popularity contest. The Weavers are handy but the Redding is windage adjustable. As the Burris mounts are no longer available we must adapt to what we can find. I'm thankful that I got a few spares to go on some Rossis'. The pics here are of a mount on a rifle, slightly different than a carb. mount.
    Whereas it's true that the guns are now heavier, the balance is still great and the one hand side carry is totally unimpeded.
    Pepe Ray
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0105.jpg   IMG_0106.jpg  

Boolit Man
    what about the B square rossie mount they suppost to fit a 94 win if i am understand what is says are they good ?

Boolit Master

I don't know.
    I didn't know that they had reached the dealers.
    Pepe Ray

Here's a Kwik-Site side mount saddle on a post-64 model I sold a while back. It was kind of goofy being offset but you could still use the iron sights and once dialed it it would definitely shoot. Not sure if your pre-64 has the same screw pattern but this one could be removed if desired.
    Last edited by kingstrider; 09-13-2008 at 05:16 AM.
    Keep moving forward!

Boolit Man
    mine is a pre 94 but it has the 2 peep sight screws on the side like that one so it prolly fit ya it looks kind of well different huh but if lit ay them in there what the heck and a rifle scope would also work with 3" eye relief guess do you know what brand it is it may be the B square mount i was refering to they said it fit 94 with peep sight screws on left side of action but didnt show it mounted i just assumed it fit on barrel .

Boolit Man
    kingstrider it is a b square mount on the 94 #bs14710 side mt.

Pepe i went ahead and bought the one for the rossi 64 & 59 it is #bs14410 i hope it fits on top of 94 barrel or i think i do lol look like it does will know bout next week guess LOL.

Boolit Master

My dad has been using the B-Square side mount since back in the early 70's hasn't missed much but has killed a bunch of whitetails, mule deer, antelope and other critters with that rifle.

Michael

I have a Rossi carbine, pre-Puma, I think. I want to scope it. B-Square makes the Scout-type mount. Anyone who has used this type of scope/mount much, I'd like to know how well it works, how fast it is. B-Square also makes a mount for the Puma model which attaches to the left side of the receiver, similar to their 94 Winchester mount. Whatever screw-hole it mounts to, I wonder if the pre-Puma carbines have the same hole available. Has anyone checked both models for this?

Boolit Master

Scrounger;
    When you say 'Puma' your going WAY back. If you'll accept the caveat "pre safty" I'll say that the holes are all the same. No extras available for ANY kind of sight mounting. The user must do it all. Whether for receiver or tang or scope.
    I've got a XS scout base setup for a Win. 94 that I'll be installing on a Rossi to try before I got to a lot of work D/T'ing. The fiberglass has a good rep for holding and if I like it I may stay with the Weaver rings.
    ABOUT SPEED---
    Keeping in mind that there is a learning curve whenever changing from a set routine, The scout system is as fast as you need it to be. PPMPP
    Pepe Ray

Scrounger, I have a Win BB in 356 Winchester with the Leupold Scout scope. The custom base work was done by Brockman; I bought the rifle used. I also have the AO mount on an 1895 Marlin with a Burris IER 2x-7x. I love the concept, and both rifles are very fast on target. Tony

OK, then I have a pre-safety Rossi; Will this B-Square Mount

( http://www.swfa.com/pc-7869-477-b-sq...fle-mount.aspx ) fit it without having to drill and tap a hole? I know this Scout Mount

( http://www.swfa.com/pc-7868-477-b-sq...fle-mount.aspx )
    will fit.

The first B-square mount I ever bought will probably be the last. We're talking K-mart import crap here.

Quote Originally Posted by spurrit View Post
    The first B-square mount I ever bought will probably be the last. We're talking K-mart import crap here.
    I THINK B-Square makes their own products in Texas; Do you KNOW otherwise?

Banned

Here's my win94. with scope

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast